GoodVibe Member 30 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Campbelltown Posted 22/04/11 06:31 AM Posted 22/04/11 06:31 AM I have a 2004 BA XR6 turbo that is getting very close to 150,000km, Most of which (45,000) has been done by me in the last 14 months since I bought it as a 2nd owner.The car has always been to the same dealer every 10 thou since new and I believe its in great condition mechanically, So 3 questions for the higher km owners out there:1. Do I trust my dealer to be in depth enough for the 150k or do I take it elsewhere? (recommendations for anywhere in sydney welcome)2. Anything extra I should be looking out for at the km its at?3. Is 10 thou services often enough for a a car that does roughly 600 highway km a week at its agealso, 4 speed auto, stock except for hotdogged middle muffler and f6 caiThanks in advanceGoodvibe
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/04/11 03:14 PM Posted 22/04/11 03:14 PM I cant see why not, you have trusted them with the last four odd services yourself at that dealer.anything else you should look out for? depends if its a major service or not. its all listed what they check and should do in the hand book.if your not satisfied that they checked everything, check out the sponsers here and see if any are close to you and even get them to do a thorough check over.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/04/11 03:22 PM Posted 22/04/11 03:22 PM If its a ford dealer your talking about , just tell them what you want done. EG gearbox service and oil change , diff oil charge , coolant change , power steering flush , brake fulid change , new plugs , new air cleaner, check brakes , wheel bearing ETC ETC .
Zerosignal Phantom Menace Legacy Donating Member 232 Member For: 16y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 22/04/11 10:17 PM Posted 22/04/11 10:17 PM If your happy with your dealer let em do it, if your after a performance shop your not far from Just Engine Management at Ingleburn.
GoodVibe Member 30 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Campbelltown Posted 24/04/11 08:05 AM Author Posted 24/04/11 08:05 AM Looks like dealer should be ok then.I will just have to give them a list of stuff I want checked I'm going to be keeping this car for a while (trying to save for a house...) so I need to try and make it last a whileThanks guys!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now