Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted

Great write up. I was wondering if the kicker sub would be any good. Might have to look into upgrading mine sometime soon

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cairns, who knows how long for!
Posted

Mate great write up, but I am curious about the wiring that you used for the sub install... I have had a look and the connections are different, I think it's a spade for the stock and RCA for the Kicker, any pointers?

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 11d
Posted

I personally was very impressed with the sound quality drom my bf prem sound.only thing that annoys the sh*t out of me is rear parcel shelf vibrates.even when I turn the bass to 0 it does this

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Muswellbrook,NSW
Posted

get soe dynamat for the rear shelf improves its 110%

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 19d
Posted

Previously with the stock setup apart from parcel shelf and doors sound deadened, I would have bass at half way, max vol 22-24, or for more volume, turn bass down to 1/4 and vol up to 27-28.

Today I went down to autobarn and got a US Audio boxed 12" sub for $49 (have messed around with the 15" versions previously, so was familiar with the sub).

Connected it to the stock amp just using same spade terminals and speaker wire, into the plug that connects to the factory sub.

Can now turn the bass to 3/4-full, with volume up to 30 ( I have volume limiting or whatever it is turned on, can hear it cut volume levels back a bit)

Theres alot more bass, especially with the passenger side rear seat folded down.

Haven't tried placing the sub in any other positions yet to see if I get any improvement.

Might remove the factory sub so it can vent into thr cabin that way, and also remove the carpet so I can try place the sub up against the back seat.

All in all for $49 and some wire I already had, small amount of boot space (easily removed anyway) I couldn't be happier.

Also picked up some clarion SRQ1621s 6.5" splits for $99, install them once the spacers arrive!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...