Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 7m 26d Location: ACT Posted 07/11/03 12:08 PM Posted 07/11/03 12:08 PM Ok, my XR6T is the best car I have ever owned, I have had 2 other new cars, both more expensive. But I love my T.My problem is this, I have a 16-month-old son and another who is 2 weeks old, and they do not share the same respect for the car as I do.As some of you may be aware I have recently returned from a few weeks overseas and when I returned there was enough crumbs in the back of the XR to sustain a boatload of illegal immigrants for a week.Now I sat my 16 month old son down and spoke with him about respecting other peoples property, explained to him that the car was not cheap, not eating in the car, not using the electric window switches as a footrest, not scratching his fingers on the leather door trims because he enjoys the sound, wiping his feet before kicking the back of the front seats ect. But I fear it all goes in one ear and out the other, the only thing he has to say for himself is Dad, dad, dad. Are any members with experience in these matters able to offer and tricks or tips? :idea: Or do I just mellow out and take the money the family gives them for his birthday and put it towards a GT when they get old enough to behave? Please don’t tell me I will have to wait 15years for that to happen.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 07/11/03 12:27 PM Posted 07/11/03 12:27 PM I got a 2 year old and 2x10year olds. I feel your pain. My advice is have the mirror ajusted fairly high and dont look when you put your son in the baby seat. I realise this is like putting your head in the sand, put its working for me.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 07/11/03 12:28 PM Posted 07/11/03 12:28 PM l know what you are going through mate, we have 3 kids aged 4 and under. l went and bought a large heavy peice of denim cloth that l have used to cover the rear seat base and half way up the back. This is very good at protecting the seat. We dont let the kids eat in the car unless its a long trip. l havent had any problems with the door trims, but do have scuffing on the back of the seats. My two oldest are girls and they are pretty tame so listen to what l ask and seem to respect the car. My son is only just over one so things may be different in 6 months though Its only a car at the end of the day so l dont get to hung up on it
tongueboy Member 457 Member For: 23y 5m 30d Gender: Male Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW Posted 07/11/03 07:18 PM Posted 07/11/03 07:18 PM Please don’t tell me I will have to wait 15years for that to happen. .....in 15 years time you will be wishing they were the age they are now!
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 07/11/03 09:11 PM Posted 07/11/03 09:11 PM YCL,a couple of pointers, as Mondie recommended I to place a huge beach towel under the littlies seats, it'll contain anything (bit like a supercharger blanket.) The front seats I like to keep out of kicking distance for more than the obvious reason, after a while of flailing her legs about, my littlest (24months) gets tired of holding her legs up with no support & lets them drop. hey Presto no more kicking.Scottyp.s. No eating period. Stop let them out, continue
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 07/11/03 09:27 PM Posted 07/11/03 09:27 PM Mondie, 3 under 4 yrs are you NUTS I have a 2 1/2yr old boy and overcame the problem by getting a ute! NO family rides in the ute, and if he comes with me, he's in the front where I can control him! But trust me, one look at our AU wagon and I know where you are coming from, it just doesn't hurt as much to see it happen to an AU wagon though :D
citric acid xr6t Legacy Donating Member 449 Member For: 23y 4m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/11/03 09:56 PM Posted 07/11/03 09:56 PM Please don’t tell me I will have to wait 15years for that to happen.In 15 years they will want to borrow your T. I have been through this dilemma you are now facing for the last 15 years. I do not allow my kids to eat or drink in the car but SWMBO does not seem to share this same passion. (that's why I also restrict her lolz). Make sure you carry a bucket on long windy trips cause there is nothing worse than cleaning up after a bout of carsick.
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 07/11/03 11:17 PM Posted 07/11/03 11:17 PM Now I sat my 16 month old son down and spoke with him And until he leaves home you'll get the same response :lol:
grandad Member 37 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 08/11/03 01:25 AM Posted 08/11/03 01:25 AM QuoteNow I sat my 16 month old son down and spoke with him about respecting other peoples property, explained to him that the car was not cheap, not eating in the car, not using the electric window switches as a footrest, not scratching his fingers on the leather door trims because he enjoys the sound, wiping his feet before kicking the back of the front seats YCLExperience suggests you have a fun filled few years ahead of youWhen you look back I bet you would'nt change a thingJust love them for what they are :w00t:
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 08/11/03 05:05 AM Posted 08/11/03 05:05 AM Mondie, 3 under 4 yrs are you NUTS Nah, its all good mate. Girls are easy so that made it possible to have our kids close together. The first year with Ethan was tough at times but now he is one its great, they get on fabulously. :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now