Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 28/02/11 05:12 AM Posted 28/02/11 05:12 AM Hey guysSo after having my ute lowered ive been hearing my ute's exhaust hit the road all the time. Literally all it takes is an imperfection in the road and it'll hit.I stuck my head under today and it would be 45mm off the ground at the most when parked sitting flat. Ive had the Centre muffler chopped and a high flow cat fitted. The problem is obviously the centre muffler pipes, having it replaced by an Indian bloke wearing no shoes at an exhaust shop probably wasnt the best idea.So I was wondering if this guys done a dodgy job, or theres not alot of room to go higher? Anybody have pics of how theres sits?And lastly, does anybody have pics of how aftermarket exhausts sit on there Ute?Cheers Henz.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 28/02/11 05:49 AM Author Posted 28/02/11 05:49 AM (edited) A jack D stubby is 65mm. Edited 28/02/11 05:51 AM by henz
scottay Member 366 Member For: 16y 5m 7d Posted 28/02/11 07:53 AM Posted 28/02/11 07:53 AM mate that is WAYYY TOOO LOW.the exhaust should not hang like that at all...buy my cneter muffler removal bolt in and it will fix your issue check out classifieds it sat high as no way it wuld hit the ground
Turbo Ute BOOSTN Legacy Donating Member 182 Member For: 16y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 28/02/11 08:57 AM Posted 28/02/11 08:57 AM hey henz I had even less clearance between ground and exhaust on my ute, I took my car to local exhaust shop and got him to rise the exhaust (I think he heated some of the pipes and bent them a little bit to raise it) and he did a great job now have more clearance and I am happy
Brandon18 Member 54 Member For: 16y 8m 12d Gender: Male Posted 28/02/11 09:25 AM Posted 28/02/11 09:25 AM That's the most ridiculasly low system ive ever seen. Y not just kick it out the side skirt, looks tuff on utes I think
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 01/03/11 06:12 AM Author Posted 01/03/11 06:12 AM If I kicked it out at the skirt I would have zero mufflers, probably get me in trouble pretty quickly. Definitely piss my neighbors off haha. Got it booked in Tommorow, the guy said he will put the car on the hoist with a stand underneath the lowest bit, then heat it up and lower the hoist to push it up. Not overly confident in this either, I'll look at replacing it with an aftermarket system asap.
Stazza_Brendan Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Mackay QLD Posted 01/03/11 06:46 AM Posted 01/03/11 06:46 AM Twin 2.5 redback systems cheap on ebay henz. I got mine for 250 plus delivery.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 02/03/11 07:47 AM Author Posted 02/03/11 07:47 AM How does the redback system look?Had it raised today, they got it up to 75mm off the ground. Only cost a slab. They said the first job was that dodgy that that's as much as they could lift it.
Turbo Ute BOOSTN Legacy Donating Member 182 Member For: 16y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 02/03/11 10:53 AM Posted 02/03/11 10:53 AM I dnt know about the redback system but I have dual 2.5 inch Xforce and is a great system and sound tuff with rear muffler remove.
Stazza_Brendan Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Mackay QLD Posted 03/03/11 02:38 AM Posted 03/03/11 02:38 AM Henz.I got done pics at home on computer of stock and redback systems side by side if you want comparison. Main differences I see is the obvious increase in pipe size, mufflers are smaller on redback and flanges are more heavy duty on the redback. I topped my system off with twin 3inch stainless tips and I like the sound. Deeper, sounds a bit aggressive but not the abnoxious 6cyl noise.Ive still got factory front section including cat, but I've heard with aftermarket cat the sound gets deeper. When im not doing 18 hour days ill post pics up. Or try search my photobucket folder stazza_brendan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now