kris Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 16y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: melb Posted 12/03/11 01:38 AM Author Posted 12/03/11 01:38 AM ok time to figure out how to do the logging...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/03/11 01:46 AM Posted 12/03/11 01:46 AM PIFFLE!! No such thing as better fuel economy with drilled stockers, Get a new tuner who knows their stuff if this is what he suggests!!!Deka's for sure, $370 a set is cheap as chips compared to the early BA era when the only larger options were $650+ a set for 42lb'ers. Your makin the hole bigger so it squirts more fuel...But if you want to be able to return to stock when ever you want wouldn't you need to keep you stock injectors stock? Go the Dekas.
kris Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 16y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: melb Posted 13/03/11 05:51 AM Author Posted 13/03/11 05:51 AM dillz- went with drilled stockers because tuner recommended that, starting to wish I didnt.
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 12d Gender: Male Posted 13/03/11 06:38 AM Posted 13/03/11 06:38 AM (edited) I got nizpro injectors, they work just fine for me, Your tuner needs to spend more time, mine idles nicer now than it ever did on factory tune.. And economy is about the same as stock..... Can't really test it out cos I didn't buy the car for mileage, but average highway readings are lower, just hard to keep of the go pedal around town Edited 13/03/11 06:41 AM by andrewd
Weaponxr Legacy Donating Member 624 Member For: 15y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/03/11 08:43 AM Posted 13/03/11 08:43 AM Who did the hi flow and tune?When I first picked my car up it had a rough idle when cold but now after a couple of weeks it has seemed to smooth itself out
kris Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 16y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: melb Posted 13/03/11 09:44 AM Author Posted 13/03/11 09:44 AM bpr mate, same as you.. you did tune only yeah?
Weaponxr Legacy Donating Member 624 Member For: 15y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/03/11 10:15 AM Posted 13/03/11 10:15 AM Yeah it's the second tune they have done for me. The first time was just a tune and now this time I had the turbo rebuilt and the hi flow injectors done, of course they had to retune it. As o said I found the idle to be a little rough when cold but after about a minute or so it would idle fine. The last few days it is starting alot better and running smoother. I am still assessing it all and seeing if I'm satisfied with it completely. My next lot of mods will be a cooler, exhaust, fuel pump, and back on the dyno for another tune.If your car is running that bad then take it back to chris, he should be right on it and see what the issue is.Let us know how it all goes, if you want to pm me then that's fine, I'd be happy to answer whatever Adam
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now