Guest Mac_Dude Guests Posted 07/11/03 03:45 AM Posted 07/11/03 03:45 AM I picked up my XR6T last Friday, and noticed a very small puddle of red fluid around the front right tyre on Saturday morning. The slowly grew over the next 4-5 days where at the end the stain on the garage floor was about 18 inches across.I was checking the fluid levels every day and they were all full. I rang the dealer yesterday and drove her in this morning.At this point the service manager put her up on the hoist for me to have a look. I thought this was unusual as with my previous cars they guys don't want you walking around their workshop. This guy had me stand under the car with him while we looked at the problem. I thought this was good as obviously he wasn't going to try and hide anything.Anyway, there are 2 lines going from the auto transmission to the radiator and back for cooling. This is where the leak was coming from(the seals where the lines go into the radiator).2 hours later I was back behind the wheel. The only reason it was that long is that they noticed some aluminium 'bits' in the line when they were fixing the seal so they flushed out the system.I must admit I'm much happier seeing where the problem was. I won't mention the dealer because I doubt you are supposed to be in the workshop from a public liability perspective.Anyway, I had also complained that my T STINKS! After you park it, there is a really strong smell. Well, that's gone so I guess it was the leak getting burned off...All good now :D
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 07/11/03 06:10 AM Posted 07/11/03 06:10 AM Its good that its good.And that's good.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/11/03 07:19 AM Posted 07/11/03 07:19 AM The transmission cooler line problem had popped up a few times at our dealership, and to some good friends of mine too! Amazes me how they all get through the final check at broadmeadows.
spadnium Member 49 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 07/11/03 12:57 PM Posted 07/11/03 12:57 PM Thanks. That's pinpointed it. Thought it was the power steering leaking somewhere. My local guy couldn't find it, but she wouldn't go on his hoist either.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/11/03 11:23 PM Posted 07/11/03 11:23 PM The transmission cooler line problem had popped up a few times at our dealership, and to some good friends of mine too! Amazes me how they all get through the final check at broadmeadows. So they're making it through the pre-delivery at your dealership aswell then?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now