Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Figtree, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Posted

Well... It appears that it was the Engine mount for the Vibration, apparently $270.00 each plus labour.

I haven't got the car yet, since the total quote for 90,000km service + stock brakes (rotors and pads all round), 3 hoses, a few lights and the mounts came to $2500.00.

All apparently wear and tear....

I don't have a lazy 2.5k to spend on fixing this at the moment... so, I am now wanting to know what the damage will be if I don't get the mounts done for say, the next month or so and drive the car relatively easy but still do my normal KM's?

Thanks to all the help so far, much appreciated...

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Take it too a brake specialist in your area for the brakes, take it too one of the forum sponsor or a decent local work shop for the rest of the work and it wont cost you $2500.

I would at least get the mounts and service done asap. I have seen damaged engine mounts cause all sorts of uglyiness in other cars, (ie crack chassis rail, broken gear box extension housings etc)

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SEQ
Posted

What hoses do u need to replace @ the 90,000km service? ie. Coolant hoses, etc?

Brake discs are mandatory however at around 80,000 their the same part as jaguar, consumables

Has anybody had to change the lifters at the engine? I've only done 76k and I think its almost shot apparently that is one of the wear/tear consumables as well :sleepystuff:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Figtree, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Posted

Take it too a brake specialist in your area for the brakes, take it too one of the forum sponsor or a decent local work shop for the rest of the work and it wont cost you $2500.

I would at least get the mounts and service done asap. I have seen damaged engine mounts cause all sorts of uglyiness in other cars, (ie crack chassis rail, broken gear box extension housings etc)

Hmmm super worried about the mounts now.... yeah, I'll be taking to anywhere but there.... insane. Driving it like a valet now (much to my dissapointment).

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Figtree, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Posted

What hoses do u need to replace @ the 90,000km service? ie. Coolant hoses, etc?

Brake discs are mandatory however at around 80,000 their the same part as jaguar, consumables

Has anybody had to change the lifters at the engine? I've only done 76k and I think its almost shot apparently that is one of the wear/tear consumables as well :sleepystuff:

According to Ford it was an "intake hose" and two other minor hoses, I didn't query becuase they were only $20.00 each, I doubt now looking back at it that they actually needed doing.

Brakes can wait, I took the front wheels off the other day (long story) and looked at the pads and rotors and they looked like plenty of pad and the rotors had no etching, so stuff them.

Haven't touched the lifters, how would you tell without taking the cover off? Never been mentioned to me before, best searching or new topic it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...