Fg F6 Tuning Concerns

YOZ-F6

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 8m 21d

its more location than anything is why they chose that tuner? but I'm pretty sure xspeed is round there somewhere too?

I know location plays a factor, I live in Busselton and Bunbury before... was and still am prepared to make the trip up for my upgrade and tuning requirements when they pop up. You bought your car new? I know the feeling of wanting to get your F6 exactly 'right' :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 19d

thankx mate. im happy with what iv done to my car. 441hp that's 328kws.. :buttrock: was over moon..

Hey mate,

I just purchased a new fg F6ute, I have always had a performance bug built into me, which has bit me in the past.. But I cant not play with this new beast.

Looki;ng to do some mods to let this beast breathe. So you had a tune, intercooler kit and piping, 15psi? stock exhaust? Do you need to mod the wastegate on these things? Or is that only on the xr6 turbos?

What brand intercooler kit? Is that PWR kit.? SOrry for all the questions been out of the perfomance scene for a while.

thanks sam.

• Member For: 15y 1m 17d

It sounds to me like you have been fed a load of bullsh*t. For a start, why do you have a 4" exhaust and stock cooler and intake piping? My BF Tornado makes 370rwkw on 98 thru the factory exhaust and 460rwkw on E85, it has gone 11.1@129mph with the auto slipping its arse off and a 1.8 60ft, so its making the power. I'd personally start by punching whoever told you you need an exhaust before a cooler in the face and ask them to sway them for you. Secondly, over 300rwkw on the stock cooler and you think the power is low? It is making the same power on 17psi that it used to make boost spiking to 13psi as the intercooler is so crap that intake temps are thru the roof, and the tuner has had to pull so much timing out of the motor that running more boost makes no more power, the lack of timing is taking out any extra power the boost is making.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting a process west stage 2 cooler and under battery intake setup. I presume its a F6 so you don't need the bigger turbo, so with the cooler and intake setup, I would estimate 360-370rwkw with ease.

6BOOST

withstupid.gifbuttrock.gif