nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 07/06/11 06:00 AM Author Posted 07/06/11 06:00 AM Thanks mate much appreciated, just a quick question are the BF F6 seriers 2 dark argents wheels different from the FG Dark argents and I know they are a different shade but would it fit from a FG to a BF?
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 07/06/11 06:37 AM Author Posted 07/06/11 06:37 AM Thanks dre just bought them finally I can put them on my car.
alpha2sam Member 52 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/06/11 11:08 PM Posted 07/06/11 11:08 PM Thanks dre just bought them finally I can put them on my car.Did you buy the FG Argents off a ute from E-bay? I was seriously considering these as they were low KM's in good nik including original tyres. The only issue is that the standard BF Phoon has a different rear offset, which I am chasing. I have a brand new factory spare Argent with an unused tyre, which will go in the boot. If I cannot source a set you may be interested?
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 08/06/11 04:43 AM Author Posted 08/06/11 04:43 AM Did you buy the FG Argents off a ute from E-bay? I was seriously considering these as they were low KM's in good nik including original tyres. The only issue is that the standard BF Phoon has a different rear offset, which I am chasing. I have a brand new factory spare Argent with an unused tyre, which will go in the boot. If I cannot source a set you may be interested?The rims I purchased were ones that came off a FG F6 Ute, I asked about and if would fit a BF F6 sedan as I have the brembo's at the front and the standard I think PBR on the rear (correct me if I'm wrong please BF F6) the guy assured me they would fit as the FG ute has the has offset as the BF F6 sedan.You got me worried now about the offset.
alpha2sam Member 52 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/06/11 08:18 AM Posted 08/06/11 08:18 AM The rims I purchased were ones that came off a FG F6 Ute, I asked about and if would fit a BF F6 sedan as I have the brembo's at the front and the standard I think PBR on the rear (correct me if I'm wrong please BF F6) the guy assured me they would fit as the FG ute has the has offset as the BF F6 sedan.You got me worried now about the offset.They should fit, they are the same offset as the aftermarket rims. The FG rims do not fill the guards as the proper BF rims. Tell you what I will buy two off you and we cn both get a new set of BF rears at FORD
xpl0sive Member 421 Member For: 17y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/06/11 10:13 AM Posted 08/06/11 10:13 AM The rims I purchased were ones that came off a FG F6 Ute, I asked about and if would fit a BF F6 sedan as I have the brembo's at the front and the standard I think PBR on the rear (correct me if I'm wrong please BF F6) the guy assured me they would fit as the FG ute has the has offset as the BF F6 sedan.You got me worried now about the offset.They will fit no problem mate. BA to BF1 rims had a different offset on the rear which was for improved track/handling. It had nothing to do with brake clearance. This was changed in BF2 onwards to keep them the same as the fronts. I think it was due to customer complaints as they couldn't use the rear rims on the front if needed.I have FG GS rims on my BF which are the same as dark argents but silver, and they fit fine, and I have Brembos all round.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 19d Gender: Male Posted 28/06/11 09:32 AM Posted 28/06/11 09:32 AM there is a set on ebay now for sale, original 5 rims with tyres. of a GS
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 29/06/11 04:30 PM Author Posted 29/06/11 04:30 PM Thanks pazzo xr6Was going to ask Im chasing a rim for a spare, would a FG f6 rim fit my BF F6 rear and front?
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/06/11 11:14 PM Posted 29/06/11 11:14 PM I want 2 for spares if anyone wants to buy the other 2 maybe we can all chuck in and buy them
.BLKPHN. Legacy Donating Member 283 Member For: 15y 7m 19d Gender: Male Posted 30/06/11 12:07 AM Posted 30/06/11 12:07 AM I have ba f6 typhoon rims for sale 18s pritty much no tread so would just be buying the rims
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now