2010G6E turbo New Member 9 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Tom Price WA. Posted 11/01/11 11:58 PM Posted 11/01/11 11:58 PM Hi all, has any one got sat nav in there car, was wondering how it is and how easy it is to use. AM tossing up to get a portable one or get the in built one, ( factory one )any info would be great thanks.
INASNT Member 361 Member For: 20y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/01/11 11:59 PM Posted 11/01/11 11:59 PM Its like a $2000 option still isent it? Rip off when good GPS's are $300-$400.
Turbonator Legacy Donating Member 108 Member For: 15y 9m 7d Gender: Male Posted 12/01/11 12:37 AM Posted 12/01/11 12:37 AM The built-in Sat Nav from Ford is not user friendly. It uses a remote instead of a touch screen. Garmin, Navman, TomTom etc., are easier to use and cheaper to upgrade when the installed map becomes obsolete.
Rusty XR6T Legacy Donating Member 516 Member For: 16y 6m 1d Gender: Male Posted 12/01/11 02:17 AM Posted 12/01/11 02:17 AM factory sat nav is CRAP!!! go and check out ASL... you will be surprised what they have, some very cool stuff for the FGASL Automedia
Tony L Member 80 Member For: 16y 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/01/11 07:48 AM Posted 12/01/11 07:48 AM I found the factory sat nav a pain in the rear end
harryh Legacy Donating Member 166 Member For: 16y 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/11 09:30 AM Posted 17/01/11 09:30 AM Yep, I have it and its ordinary. I also have a portable one (a Tom Tom 720) which is miles better but I still use the in built one because it is much more convenient than having to plug in the portable one each time I use it.
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 18d Posted 19/01/11 12:43 AM Posted 19/01/11 12:43 AM Hi all, has any one got sat nav in there car, was wondering how it is and how easy it is to use. AM tossing up to get a portable one or get the in built one, ( factory one )any info would be great thanks.I've got one. Its the only one I've owned or used and I think its great. You ask it where you want to go and it tells you. The maps are great. But I have had very limited experience with them. Being intergrated is the go. Sticking one on your window is ordinary, unless you dont have a choice of course. $2000 is a lot of coin. Mine was included in the 50th upgrade. Not sure if I would pay the $2000 if it wasnt.
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/01/11 02:37 PM Posted 19/01/11 02:37 PM $2000 is pretty steep..I was thinking of getting one, but realised that it is not often that I would use it. I have a portable one and have used 4 times last year. If I was frequent user (ie courier) then I may think about it. I think the ASL ones are better and cheaper, but again after a few years the software has to be upgraded at a cost.
Rusty XR6T Legacy Donating Member 516 Member For: 16y 6m 1d Gender: Male Posted 19/01/11 09:59 PM Posted 19/01/11 09:59 PM OEM Sat Nav doesnt have free upgraded maps for ever either, not too sure what Ford charge for map updates
tofo17 Member 7 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 21/01/11 06:48 AM Posted 21/01/11 06:48 AM Have had my G6ET since December and it has factory satnav. The only way to interact with it is through the remote, which is completely ridiculous and fiddly as others have said. Not only that, if the batteries die in the remote you can't use it, not even turn it on. This happened to me last weekend Once programmed though it works well, has good visual resolution and gives good voice directions. I wouldn't option it if buying a car new, much better third party options.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now