Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 23/01/03 11:22 AM Posted 23/01/03 11:22 AM Apologies if you've already read this on Fordforums, but as I got some info from here too:Well, in an effort to cheer myself up, I did it."New Ford BA Falcon XR Sedan, 4.0L 240KW Turbo DOHC VCT"Options:Prestige Paint - Mercury SilverLeatherPremium SoundSunroofSports steering wheelFreebies:Carpet Mat set (Red - XR) [to match the stitch in the leather]Mobile phone presenterScuff Plate Kit (XR Logo)Window TintReinstall of Mobile Phone Kit (Integrate into Premium Sound)MudspatsThanks to Titan Ford, Melville for a satisfying first new car buying experience. Chris was honest, up front and easy to deal with. Recommended.Expecting an end of April delivery. I got a $30,000 trade-in on my existing XR6.Will get a SIDO in the next week or so. They're doing the March / April allocations next week, I was told.Chris told me that he thinks he's going to stop pushing XR's soon, apparently it won't be long before it's a July delivery and he reckons the average buyer won't accept it. He was saying that it's a problem with bodykit production (volume) that's causing the delay, but I don't know. April / May suits me (rego due in April, warranty expires in October), so doesn't bother me.So, another one joins the club.Thanks to the members here and fordxr6turbo.com for information, answering of questions and suggestions (ie: The mudspats were a last minute add-on).Here's to you!Simon.... :grininvasion:
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Posted 23/01/03 11:34 AM Posted 23/01/03 11:34 AM Simon,let me be the first to congratulate you. You have ordered my car, except I'm in Phantom.March 21st delivery. Signed up 7th December.(Yes folks I've settled down somewhat)Worth the wait.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 23/01/03 11:42 AM Author Posted 23/01/03 11:42 AM let me be the first to congratulate you. You have ordered my car, except I'm in Phantom. Excellent! Slightly different coloured twins! Hehe. My only teetering point (and hence the trip for a 2nd test drive today, but they'd sold the demo vehicle!) was I love my existing XR so much. However, Chris said to me "Mate, you'll like the new one more than the current one, I'll bet my house on it. If you don't I'll buy it back off you! I won't have any problems selling it!". That was good enough for me. I knew I'd do it, was only postponing the inevitable Simon....
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/01/03 12:09 PM Posted 23/01/03 12:09 PM Simon, Welcome to our small but growing group of XR6 Turbo owners here in Perth!I see you chose the same dealer as I did, was your consultant Grenville Marklew or someone else?Look forward to seeing you around in a few months - Bet you can't wait!!
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/01/03 12:15 PM Posted 23/01/03 12:15 PM Sorry Simon, I missed that you had already answered that question I didn't speak to Chris, but Titan Ford seems to have a good sales dept., now it will be interesting to see how their service dept. performs!
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 23/01/03 12:43 PM Author Posted 23/01/03 12:43 PM I didn't speak to Chris, but Titan Ford seems to have a good sales dept., now it will be interesting to see how their service dept. performs! Chris is in the dilbert cubicle next to Grenville, IIRC. The service department certainly got a good rapp from Chris. I was a little concerned as it's so far from the city, and the other side of the river from where I live. Will give them a go, seems like they've a few options (from the courtesy bus, to the loan car, to Chris' car).Yes, I was impressed. A pleasure to deal with.See you soon! When's your expected delivery? Saw a Phantom ute loaded on a trayback for the trip up to Hedland while I was there. Anyone here? B) Simon....
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 23/01/03 09:44 PM Posted 23/01/03 09:44 PM Congratulations Simon! I'm sure you will enjoy your new beast very much. Don't forget to post some pics here when you get it.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 24/01/03 01:00 AM Posted 24/01/03 01:00 AM I didn't speak to Chris, but Titan Ford seems to have a good sales dept., now it will be interesting to see how their service dept. performs!Chris is in the dilbert cubicle next to Grenville, IIRC. The service department certainly got a good rapp from Chris. I was a little concerned as it's so far from the city, and the other side of the river from where I live. Will give them a go, seems like they've a few options (from the courtesy bus, to the loan car, to Chris' car).Yes, I was impressed. A pleasure to deal with.See you soon! When's your expected delivery? Saw a Phantom ute loaded on a trayback for the trip up to Hedland while I was there. Anyone here? B) Simon.... Simon, I have already driven my "Baby" for 3 weeks now B) I know how you feel about getting out of your old AU XR6, I used to drive an AU Fairmont Ghia V8, and was very happy with it, but the XR6 Turbo is just so much better, and what can I say but, YAHOO, FORD HAS HIT THE BULLSEYE THIS TIME :lol: :lol: Look forward to it mate, and don't forget to post some photos!End of April, hmm, that would be 3 months, 4 days, 5 hours 23 minutes and some seconds!! You will undoubtedly count the days as I did In the meantime stay tuned to FORDXR6TURBO.COM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now