sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 30/10/03 12:20 AM Posted 30/10/03 12:20 AM harasn Posted on Oct 29 2003, 04:56 PM Remove the speed limiter by all means just make sure you have an engine oil cooler before hand but dont fit it in front of the radiator like some fools do!What sort of Cooler do you recommend and where would you say is a good place to put it? The cooler I think can be my first mod.
harasn Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground! Legacy Donating Member 306 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 30/10/03 06:07 AM Posted 30/10/03 06:07 AM harasn Posted on Oct 29 2003, 04:56 PM Remove the speed limiter by all means just make sure you have an engine oil cooler before hand but dont fit it in front of the radiator like some fools do!What sort of Cooler do you recommend and where would you say is a good place to put it? The cooler I think can be my first mod. this is a million dollar question! As I am sure you have seen, some people have fitted the engine oil cooler in front of the radiator behind the top grill! This is a bad spot to fit it on the T a its the only place the radiator gets full air flow as the lower hole in the bumper is filled with the intercooler! This causes engine cooling problems and will also cause the radiator to crack at its side tanks during its life! It already does that easily enough on its own with out blocking airflow! During development a few oil coolers were tried but not acceptable in terms of radiator air flow problems!If you dont like the front spot lights I would be inclined to remove one of them and fit it there! Or you could get creative and fit the oil cooler in the front wheel arch and modify the bumper lower plate and the like to force air into the cooler! That would be my option! More work but much better effect!
Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 30/10/03 09:42 AM Posted 30/10/03 09:42 AM So correct me if I'm wrong... There is a speed limiter and a rev limiter? I only wanna turn off the speed limiter.
Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 30/10/03 09:45 AM Posted 30/10/03 09:45 AM Although it would be nicer if it just bounced against it instead of cutting the engine so roughly... The method in my madness
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 30/10/03 11:30 PM Posted 30/10/03 11:30 PM Thaks harasn,I'm going to get under there and see. I just might remove the foglights, all I've used them for is collecting stones....Although I am wondering about all that space uner the rear skirt, with some kind of slottlig to suck the air through. The exaust seems to heat things up quite a bit back there though!HocuSChrisT Posted on Oct 30 2003, 07:42 PM So correct me if I'm wrong... There is a speed limiter and a rev limiter? I only wanna turn off the speed limiter. you only want it to treat 5th gear the same as fourth, eg rev past 5000 rpm.
Velvet Glove Team Blueprint Member 532 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Posted 30/10/03 11:46 PM Posted 30/10/03 11:46 PM So correct me if I'm wrong... There is a speed limiter and a rev limiter? I only wanna turn off the speed limiter. Which still begs the question......why ?Isnt the 200km/h+ enough for you. Why turn a perfectly good car into a 'ricer' ? A mod that may well cost u hundreds (if it can be done legally at all) and of no use whatsoever.
Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 31/10/03 01:56 AM Posted 31/10/03 01:56 AM well my friend, no program on earth uses a 3.0Ghz Pentium 4 to it's full potential, yet everybody buys them. No one game utilizes direct x 9 fully, yet it's the industry standard. And if I wanna put this car on the track, I want it to perform, and not shut down on me when things get blurred. We have a LEGAL street racing event up here in Townsville called the Bitumen Sprints. And I'm looking at entering when I get used to the new car on my return home. Why do the police have it turned off? isn't 200km enough for them?...
Velvet Glove Team Blueprint Member 532 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Posted 31/10/03 02:31 AM Posted 31/10/03 02:31 AM As far as I know the Police dont have it turned off but if they do theres a couple of good reasons why.Certain Police cars (read pursuit cars) need to be a lot faster than the average for obvious reasons. In order to drive a Police pursuit car in the ACT the driver has to have done an extensive and separate pursuit course. That gives them the capabilities to drive in high pressure pursuit situations.In any case if a pursuit is up around the 200km/h mark on suburban streets it would be called off (where I am anyway).I wouldve thought this all would be more than obvious
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Location: On the edge Posted 31/10/03 09:11 AM Posted 31/10/03 09:11 AM Just to clarify the whole speed limiter thing guys,No police Ford vehicles(XT,XR6T & XR8),irrespective of state,have the speed limiter disabled.
Velvet Glove Team Blueprint Member 532 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Posted 31/10/03 09:17 AM Posted 31/10/03 09:17 AM Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now