Adrian_F6 Large Member Member 551 Member For: 18y 29d Gender: Male Location: In The Sticks Posted 08/12/10 10:02 AM Posted 08/12/10 10:02 AM so if your pushing about 400-450rwkw, how many ppl use a smallergap than .8? like why not go .7 or .6 or something?
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 08/12/10 12:19 PM Posted 08/12/10 12:19 PM I am using .60 now as this is what my tuner recommended, previous was .75, 60lb siemens injectors also. Idle quality is quite good which was a concern of mine and not because of the gap but the injector size but I am very happy indeed.My power is only around the 330rwkw on my BA but boost is near 19psi and zero missfiring etc.Friends (ray076) FG is 18-19psi running .60 gap, same injectors and making 390 something with no missfire either.If I was running close to 15psi and up I'd go the .60 gap. Just my opinion now though after using it.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 08/12/10 12:34 PM Posted 08/12/10 12:34 PM im running .65 gap...as above that's what my tuner recommended
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 09/12/10 04:41 AM Posted 09/12/10 04:41 AM Factory LPG plug, 0.7 gap from the box. Does the job for me.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 09/12/10 06:34 AM Posted 09/12/10 06:34 AM I use copper vgrooves pre-gapped to .8 and I gap them to .7. Idle with the dekas is crapy but I don't seem to blow out spark.
Adrian_F6 Large Member Member 551 Member For: 18y 29d Gender: Male Location: In The Sticks Posted 09/12/10 09:49 AM Posted 09/12/10 09:49 AM im aiming for 450rwkw, I was also planning on purchasing some iridium plugs, any1 had any experience with these plugs?I was thinking of .6 gap @ 450rwkw? what are peoples thoughts/opinions?
PSI40L Member 175 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Posted 12/12/10 03:27 PM Posted 12/12/10 03:27 PM (edited) im running 20 psi on mine gaps are set to .5 anything above that and they kept blowing out when boost got up or overboost and idle is fine... in saying that a colder conventional type plug does work better and produces better spark when chasing numbers rather than iridiums ... as funny as this sounds its true and u might make more power aswelll obviously they dont last as long but hey the are cheaper ... ill get the ngk derivative part number if anyone is interested and you can ask your tuners about it aswell Edited 12/12/10 03:28 PM by PSI40L
FR33DY Member 307 Member For: 21y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/12/10 09:28 PM Posted 12/12/10 09:28 PM I got a set of NGK BKR6EIX-P "NGK Spark Plugs for BF XR6 Turbo & BF FPV F6 Falcon BKR6EIX-P (6)" online for $90.
FORDPSI Member 40 Member For: 15y 11m 20d Posted 13/12/10 09:46 PM Posted 13/12/10 09:46 PM I use a VL Turbo plugs and gap them to .6. I have tested the over priced iridium plugs on my mates dyno and they make no difference in power compared to the $20 a set VL Turbo NGKs. The only difference is they dont last as long. On 17psi I was changing my iridiums every 30000km anywayz.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 14/12/10 01:08 AM Posted 14/12/10 01:08 AM Ford at Chermside Brisbane I got a set of standard ford turbo plugs for $68 or $72 and in Townsville's ford they wanted $120, cheapest they would go was $90 and I still told them to fck off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now