smiddy Member 16 Member For: 17y 11m 22d Posted 27/10/10 11:43 PM Posted 27/10/10 11:43 PM Hi EveryoneThinking about getting an electric sunroof fitted to my g6et ,not sure what brands and types that are available,and was wondering if people out there,that have done it,could suggest types and as I live on the Central Coast NSW ,good installers in Sydney or Newcastle .and a rough price guide .Cheers and thanx in advance.
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 28/10/10 01:36 AM Posted 28/10/10 01:36 AM Your looking around 2500 minimum.. that's brand new installed with warranty
g6t Legacy Donating Member 328 Member For: 16y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: sunshine state Posted 28/10/10 01:50 AM Posted 28/10/10 01:50 AM hollanda 700seires, there should b a sunroof instaler on central coast that fit them, sum have same sunroof just a deferent name, around $2200-$2400.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 28/10/10 03:43 AM Posted 28/10/10 03:43 AM I used to install sunroofs back in my uni days! Hollandia was what we used to use.used to be about $1500 trade, $2000 for the private punters and about $3000 for a rolled edge installation...for a $60k car go the extra and get a rolled edge installation, they look SOOO much neater.
RussC Member 25 Member For: 17y 5m 13d Posted 01/11/10 10:27 AM Posted 01/11/10 10:27 AM Im I the only one who thinks sun roofs are a waste of money?
harryh Legacy Donating Member 166 Member For: 16y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/11/10 11:28 AM Posted 01/11/10 11:28 AM No, I think the same. We have one on my Mrs Accord Euro... she insisted on getting one and it came as standard on the Luxury model so she got her wish (I wasnt prepared to pay for one) in any case, she never uses it so we have never considered one again. They also just give you something else that can go wrong, rust or leak. If you want open air motoring, buy a convertible.I have long ago learnt that this world is wonderful cos we each like different things so if it floats your boat, knock yourself out.
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 02/11/10 03:49 AM Posted 02/11/10 03:49 AM Had one on my last car and first thing I did when I brought this one, I love it and use it everytime I hop in. However I hardly use aircon, tilt the sunroof and it draws air straight through the vents. Funny as my brother has one in his car and shares the view above, never uses it...
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 02/11/10 03:58 AM Posted 02/11/10 03:58 AM city sunroofs milperra do a lot of fitting for the car dealers and from what I know are very goodand yes hollandia
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 02/11/10 05:42 AM Posted 02/11/10 05:42 AM No, I think the same. We have one on my Mrs Accord Euro... she insisted on getting one and it came as standard on the Luxury model so she got her wish (I wasnt prepared to pay for one) in any case, she never uses it so we have never considered one again. They also just give you something else that can go wrong, rust or leak. If you want open air motoring, buy a convertible.I have long ago learnt that this world is wonderful cos we each like different things so if it floats your boat, knock yourself out.convertibles are for "hairdressers" and girls, plus they generally turn great cars into heavy, floppy pieces of :poop:a sunroof gives you the best of both worlds!
harryh Legacy Donating Member 166 Member For: 16y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/11/10 09:40 AM Posted 02/11/10 09:40 AM convertibles are for "hairdressers" and girls, plus they generally turn great cars into heavy, floppy pieces of :poop:a sunroof gives you the best of both worlds!This is mostly true for convertibles in the sub 70k market but I dont see that sun roofs give you the best of both worlds as it does not even approach open top motoring. When I was younger and had a 1988 Honda Prelude with a sun roof, I liked having the sun roof open on a summer night with my music blaring and the wind blowing through the car. But but being an old man now (34yrs old) I have my windows closed all the time as I dont like road noise and I dont smoke anymore so I am not used to having my window open... I even listen to AM radio!!! Sad but true. I know where people who like them are coming from, but they are not for me anymore.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now