Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • boosting
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Glendene, Auckland NZ 0602
Posted

Hey guys,

have slight problem with my 04 BA.

I don't know if it is me or not but I just feel its not picking up as well as it used to or I have just gotten used to the power had it 4+ years. no real engine mods just a pod and pipe in the standard position.

now the other thing I have issues with is that sometimes I will PLANT it.... and it just will start spluttering, I don't think its the sparks as I had them replaced maybe 1 year ago and Its coming from the exhaust spluttering....really confused at what it is if someone could shed some light that would be great.

it has 116,000kms... serviced every 10km, I did the boost solenoid maintenance on the weekend thinking that would help. but I am dumbfounded.

is it the Cat? sparks? coil packs? valve springs?

Please help! and thanks in advance for those that do :D

D

  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 16y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Caloundra
Posted

coils pack up under load ! check in the dark for arcing sparks !

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Pull them out and see if they have any white spots along their length. White spots indicate voltage going to ground and not firing the plug (which is higher resistance).

Any spots= replace. Probably best to replace them as a set as they will probably be the same age/vintage.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • New Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 26d
Posted

my car used to do the exact same thing I thought it might have been the coil packs also but since I got the valve springs done it has never come back, I thought of it as an excuse to make my car fast :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...