alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/10/10 04:51 AM Posted 16/10/10 04:51 AM Guys I had just noticed that my illumination lights on steering and window controlls are not working. I did get a new stereo head unit placed in by a professional installer, so before I go back to them..can you guys tell what to check before. ie which fuse to check etc.Oh it's a BF ute.Cheers in advance
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/10/10 05:16 AM Posted 16/10/10 05:16 AM There are no lights in the steering wheel or the window switches (unless the switches are modified)Matt
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/10/10 05:34 AM Posted 16/10/10 05:34 AM Incorrect.Some mid run BF's came with illuminated switches. A mate of mine had illuminated switches on his new BF.I have the last of the BF's and the switches aren't illuminated.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 16/10/10 05:39 AM Posted 16/10/10 05:39 AM By steering controls do you mean the ignition barrel or the fog lights/boot/fuel cap/traction control buttons?My window switches don't light up either, though I thought they used to back when I first got the car. Could be my imagination though My TC/Fog Lights etc do light up though some globes have blown.
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/10/10 05:40 AM Author Posted 16/10/10 05:40 AM (edited) ok.. now I'm really confused.. I can't remember whether my BF Tornado had the illumination or not. All other interior works. I thought my window controls and the audio controls on the steering wheels illuminated.How can I tell?I don't want to take it back if I didn't have it in the first place. Edited 16/10/10 05:53 AM by alpha
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/10/10 06:07 AM Posted 16/10/10 06:07 AM No buttons are illuminated on any of the steering wheels. And given it's a Nado I'd say none of the window switches were ever illuminated either...the utes always missed out on the fancy stuff.
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/10/10 06:09 AM Posted 16/10/10 06:09 AM Utes do not have illuminated window switches unless modified and there are no B series cars with illuminated steering wheel controls.
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/10/10 06:41 AM Author Posted 16/10/10 06:41 AM cool..it was all in my imagination then.Thanks guys
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/10/10 08:52 AM Author Posted 17/10/10 08:52 AM cool..it was all in my imagination then.Thanks guys While we're on the illumination Guys would someone confirm whether there are any illumination on the drive modes on the auto shift. When I turn my lights on..I do have the driving modes (P, N R) lit up on the auto shift; however when lights are off no colouring/illumination. It does , however come up on the dash.I know I sound paranoid, but there something missing since I had new HU installed
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 17/10/10 12:38 PM Posted 17/10/10 12:38 PM My PRND and S all light up no matter what - I think!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now