Jaenke Member 2 Member For: 16y 5m 29d Posted 26/09/10 02:55 AM Posted 26/09/10 02:55 AM Hey guys I was just wondering if buying a 5 speed manual ba xr6t would be a good choice...they are dropping in price and I'd like one for a daily. I heard the 5 speed was good until you want to add more power and I want to keep it stock anyway. what if I wanted to add more power down the track without replacing the transmission...is there anything you can do to gain power without compromising the 5 speed? cheers!
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/10 03:03 AM Posted 26/09/10 03:03 AM The answer is a straight out NO.Get a BA MK2 there pretty cheap and have a much better gearbox in the 6 speed.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 26/09/10 03:17 AM Posted 26/09/10 03:17 AM 5 speeds have been known to lunch themselves even at stock power. Even more likely with a few Ks on the clock IMOBTW welcome
Jaenke Member 2 Member For: 16y 5m 29d Posted 26/09/10 06:36 AM Author Posted 26/09/10 06:36 AM alright then thanks I'll wait for a 6 speed :D cheers
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/10 06:40 AM Posted 26/09/10 06:40 AM Good idea mate, will save you allot of hassle in the long run. Trust me, I know.
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/09/10 10:20 AM Posted 28/09/10 10:20 AM This topic has been coming up for years. You may be one of the lucky ones like me (touch wood) with a modified car and trouble free. Mind you I have had it since new, replaced oil to Tranzmax z every 50K and respect it when I drive it. It is a gamble although I think you would be fine but for peace of mind go the 6 speed.
Zerosignal Phantom Menace Legacy Donating Member 232 Member For: 16y 1m 26d Gender: Male Posted 28/09/10 11:34 AM Posted 28/09/10 11:34 AM Touch wood my T5 hasnt been bad either but in saying that I dont thrash it off every set of lights either, and have only pumped 258kw max at the wheels. Id go the T56 though its definately a better box and worth the extra samoleons.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now