kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/09/10 02:06 AM Posted 21/09/10 02:06 AM If someone with an FG can put up a picture of their vented blow off valve so I can see what it is supposed to look like, it would be appreciated. Don't quite understand from all the talk, so a pic would help.Cheers in advance.
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 21/09/10 02:38 AM Posted 21/09/10 02:38 AM Mate, the worst that could happen is that it doesnt work, the most fun is doing it and learning from your mistakes mate.. Give it a go.. block one side of the bov and the hose at the other... it doesnt get much easier than that mate
kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/09/10 03:02 AM Author Posted 21/09/10 03:02 AM Yea I'm going to, but at the moment I am out of town because of work. So from what I have read, majority being on BA-BF, it is way different, hence me getting confused.
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 21/09/10 03:10 AM Posted 21/09/10 03:10 AM (edited) BOV is the same... has two ports and the vacuum.. Be the first to show us.. take pics when your done mate hehe Edited 21/09/10 03:11 AM by 4DZILR
kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/09/10 03:35 AM Author Posted 21/09/10 03:35 AM haha, will have to wait until Saturday then. So rubber chair stopper and a mini pod and some clamps right?
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 21/09/10 03:43 AM Posted 21/09/10 03:43 AM Yeah... best bet mate, I didnt go with the stopper, I went and bought a plastic pvc screw the same size as pipe diameter. then stuck it in the whole and used the clamp to clamp it in.. and yeah mini pod
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y Gender: Male Posted 21/09/10 03:55 AM Posted 21/09/10 03:55 AM I just ripped mine off al together and blocked all hoses
kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/09/10 04:10 AM Author Posted 21/09/10 04:10 AM I think I'd rather vent it. Does the mini pod come off of the bov, or what? Geez major noob alert here!!!
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 21/09/10 04:22 AM Posted 21/09/10 04:22 AM (edited) Yeah it does mate... So one side of the bov is plugged into a hose (so you leave one on)and the hose attatched to the bov is removed and blocked. Then the mini pod connected to the other point on the BOV. (Make sure you dont do it too tight as its plastic..)If this doesnt work, and you get the flutter sound, then you reverse the above steps... and the vacum stays on at all times..Oh and take photos lol Edited 21/09/10 04:24 AM by 4DZILR
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/09/10 09:31 AM Posted 21/09/10 09:31 AM Yea I'm going to, but at the moment I am out of town because of work. So from what I have read, majority being on BA-BF, it is way different, hence me getting confused.Read THIS it's exactly the same except you don't have to pull the crossover off to access the bov. Should take you 5 minutes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now