Police Cars & Undercover Cars Spotted Thread

Guest atessa

• Member For: 17y 4d

Police roll in pimpmobiles

July 19, 2009 12:00am

.WHO would ever suspect you could be pulled over by police driving a pimpmobile?

Queensland police are hitting the road in gangster-style cars included in a new stealth fleet aiming to blend in with the driving public.

Last week, a Chrysler 300C, priced around $60,000, was seen pulling over a speeding motorist on the Bruce Highway near the Pine Rivers Bridge.

Also spotted as part of the Traffic Branch's fleet was a Expensive Daewoo SS Ute and sporty black Volkswagen Golf.

The Chrysler 300C features a mean looking grille and is a favourite in rap music video clips because of its "gangster" look.

A police spokeswoman said the vehicle fleet was not restricted to "off the shelf" cars.

"Unmarked vehicles are among the QPS fleet and are utilised as executive vehicles and for covert operations," the spokeswoman said. "This includes Q-Cars used to detect motorists who drive irresponsibly on Queensland roads.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5010760,00.html

• Senior Moron
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6d
Looks like it's the gabba in the background.

There's was a black/dark blue one getting around as well...nearly had me the bastard :pinch:

thanks tab. They've been hangin out at MOOLOOLABA BOWLS CLUB alot lately with a spotter at the bridge as u drive into Mooloolaba :greyscare:

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 9d

almost certain I was followed by an undercover golf over the weekend. Sped up to catch me when I turned off and then followed me through the back roads of Samford. Its a short cut if you were going the way I was, but for him to have followed me would have led nowhere when he turned the otherway after about 10ks.

• Member For: 15y 9m 17d

Unmarked Golf police cars is cheating.

Not sure if its been mentioned b4 but a mate who is an officer in Qld confirmed they have FPV Typhoons (BF) without the body kit. Saw two in Brisbane CBD pulling people up a couple of weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 14d

I saw a new silver lancer at a road block with lights on at a servo down the goldy on the weekend as well as a black golf with lights on, had someone pulled over on the M1. Capalaba police have a white turbo-chraged liberty wagon at present. Going a few months back they also had a black hummer which they shared with Pine Hills or something. Ahh, there is also a silver Late model camira wagon working the bayside area of brisbane,

Pretty crazy stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 22d

Pretty piss poor if you ask me. There was a few publications about the Christmas/New Years roadtoll down here in Vic and how we were the worst state in terms of numbers, yet the Victorian Police had their Remove All Impared Drivers or 'RAID' operation in play, which was 'the biggest ever traffic operations taskforce ever'. If in their eyes pulling people over and giving them tickets reduces the road toll, how come the road toll stays the same ever year? Next year they're thinking about putting the double demerit points bullsh*t in play. WHAT A JOKE.

Instead of wasting tax payers money on Typhoons and spending time sitting on car enthusiast's arses trying to make them disobey the road rules is f*cking disgraceful. Why don't they spend money on more important things, like making sure each car on the road has sufficient braking capabilities, thus reducing the chance of death to serious injury.

<b>VICTORIAN STATISTICS:

2003-2004 ROAD TOLL - 336

2004-2005 ROAD TOLL - 341

2005-2006 ROAD TOLL - 345

2006-2007 ROAD TOLL - 335

2007-2008 ROAD TOLL - 335

5 year average - 338</b>

In 2008-2009 it is already at 308 and counting...

Hmm... Seems the Victorian traffic management unit has done f*ck ALL in the past 5 years to reduce the road toll... WAKE UP PEOPLE

More and more people are getting on their Ls, Ps, and full lisence every year.

This means there are more drivers on the road every year.

This means that without DRASTIC measures (ie: STOP people getting their lisence and driving on the road and stop making cars), the roadtoll SHOULD only get higher, given that more people in the world = more deaths .. yes?

Every government 'initiative' released so far has been a load of sh*t that has only made life harder for alot more people.

It hasn't saved lives. It hasn't helped.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 10d

Pretty piss poor if you ask me. There was a few publications about the Christmas/New Years roadtoll down here in Vic and how we were the worst state in terms of numbers, yet the Victorian Police had their Remove All Impared Drivers or 'RAID' operation in play, which was 'the biggest ever traffic operations taskforce ever'. If in their eyes pulling people over and giving them tickets reduces the road toll, how come the road toll stays the same ever year? Next year they're thinking about putting the double demerit points bullsh*t in play. WHAT A JOKE.

Instead of wasting tax payers money on Typhoons and spending time sitting on car enthusiast's arses trying to make them disobey the road rules is f*cking disgraceful. Why don't they spend money on more important things, like making sure each car on the road has sufficient braking capabilities, thus reducing the chance of death to serious injury.

<b>VICTORIAN STATISTICS:

2003-2004 ROAD TOLL - 336

2004-2005 ROAD TOLL - 341

2005-2006 ROAD TOLL - 345

2006-2007 ROAD TOLL - 335

2007-2008 ROAD TOLL - 335

5 year average - 338</b>

In 2008-2009 it is already at 308 and counting...

Hmm... Seems the Victorian traffic management unit has done f*ck ALL in the past 5 years to reduce the road toll... WAKE UP PEOPLE

You could show these stats for your argument as do most governments in order to draw community support and outrage. Though NSW is generally higher each year and probably past these numers only 9 months into the year, but that's easily explained, in terms of population, vehicles, km of roads, which each year ultimately increase, so your 07/08 stats in fact show genuine progress. If your able to, feel free to bring up the ealy 1970s and at a guess the annual toll would be triple these numbers with less vehicles, population and roads.

Now someone will come along and claim that the drop was the result of car manufacturers safety systems, such as the seatbelt, which would be very true, but at the demand of community outrage forcing governments righfully to demand these safety systems.

I.B.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 8d

two weeks ago a mate of mine didn't spot an unmarked car, that is, until he hit it.

post-1127-125350172079_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 15y 3m 1d

It's a bit scary these days, when I was learning to drive I was told that if you're driving and someone who doesn't look like a cop is trying to pull you over, you should head straight to the police station. I heard of someone's missus having this happen to them, so she drove to the station whilst being followed by a unmarked car who she didn't believe was a cop, she tried calling the station whilst driving, soon as she got out of the car at the station they slammed her into the ground and cuffed her.

From memory she was charged with not obeying police instruction and talking on a mobile phone.

Anyone can go down to Autobarn and pick up a blue and red neon, whack it on the dash and they can impersonate the cops.