omie_747 Member 46 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Gender: Male Posted 04/10/10 07:11 AM Posted 04/10/10 07:11 AM FG09T that's looks great mate!!looks like I have to head into that direction noww also...where did you get that facia from and where can I get one??your help is very apprechiated.cheers
FGX 40T Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 16y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: WA - South of the River Posted 05/10/10 06:29 AM Author Posted 05/10/10 06:29 AM Thanks, I got the system installed at Westside Sound and Image (www.westsidesound.com.au)in Perth. They manufactured the custom facia on site. Cheers
karps Member 14 Member For: 15y 11m 21d Posted 11/10/10 12:44 AM Posted 11/10/10 12:44 AM I use factory ICC with Alpine Digital processor.. Seems to work fine. Although I know they guys who did the install mucked around with it heaps to get it clean.Which model processor and amp are you using? Do you know what they did to get rid of the hissing?
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 11/10/10 05:18 AM Posted 11/10/10 05:18 AM alpine pdx ampsand PXE-H650
FGX 40T Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 16y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: WA - South of the River Posted 11/10/10 10:53 AM Author Posted 11/10/10 10:53 AM alpine pdx ampsand PXE-H650Who did the install, I would like to find out how they got rid of the hiss.
KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 2m 26d Gender: Male Posted 12/10/10 02:58 AM Posted 12/10/10 02:58 AM Thanks kice. I'm looking at that audio processor now
Gonadman2 Member 140 Member For: 19y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth - WA Posted 22/10/10 03:05 AM Posted 22/10/10 03:05 AM Who did the install, I would like to find out how they got rid of the hiss.You can't get rid of the hiss, if it is present in the original signal. All the processing in the world after the ICC is not going to remove it, without impacting SQ. Like the old 'Dolby NR' on tapes, if you turned it on when the tape was not recorded for it, it would dull the top end. You can process out some hiss with EQ, but it will change the original sound as well, resulting in a lower level in the frequency range where the hiss occurs.If you could get at the signal before the output amps, you may be able to get rid of the hiss. Anyone care to pull their unit apart and give us a how to?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now