FAST-XR EVIL T Member 259 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool NSW Posted 14/09/10 03:10 AM Posted 14/09/10 03:10 AM (edited) Hi I have an amp with hi level inputs, can I take the wires straight from the sub and wire them into the new amp?will I have problems doing this as the signal is after the factory amp? I dont want to fry anything Edited 14/09/10 03:13 AM by FAST-XR
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/09/10 03:17 AM Posted 14/09/10 03:17 AM Try a car audio expert, they will know more then us. HERE'S a link.
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 14/09/10 11:57 AM Posted 14/09/10 11:57 AM What r u using the amp to power?
Gonadman2 Member 140 Member For: 19y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth - WA Posted 14/09/10 12:45 PM Posted 14/09/10 12:45 PM From memory the amp accepts the speaker level inputs from the ICC, so it will add more nasties to the signal chain. Personally I would be trying to tap into the inputs to the amp, it will be a much better option.
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 14/09/10 02:31 PM Posted 14/09/10 02:31 PM wonder if I can just connect the current wiring to my 1200 RMS 1ch amp and connect my sub to it.doubt it lol.
FAST-XR EVIL T Member 259 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool NSW Posted 14/09/10 10:28 PM Author Posted 14/09/10 10:28 PM What r u using the amp to power?I just want to power one 12" subhere is a photo of the plug to the amp, which ones are the sub inputs from the icc?the 2 blue ones power the sub, so its not those...
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 6d Gender: Male Posted 14/09/10 10:36 PM Posted 14/09/10 10:36 PM Do a search on amp threads. I posted up the wiring diagram in one of them a few months back. To be honest, you are better stealing the signal from the rear speakers.
FAST-XR EVIL T Member 259 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool NSW Posted 14/09/10 10:52 PM Author Posted 14/09/10 10:52 PM (edited) from what I head read on here, the speakers have had the bass filtered out of them?????I have looked for wiring diagrams, but the links to them have been broken and cant be accessed... if you still have it can you please post it up? thanks Edited 14/09/10 11:04 PM by FAST-XR
saber Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Posted 15/09/10 03:29 PM Posted 15/09/10 03:29 PM I've got a quick query to add, which is in the same vein to the OP.I've been reading up on how to add RCA outputs from the ICC, as it currently has none.The main issue (from what I've read) is that the RCA output is small, roughly 0.4-0.5V peak to peak.A more ideal output would be in the 2V+ range.I was checking out a line converter data sheet: It stated the the input/output ratio was 10:1Ie if you input 10v, you'll have a 1v output.This got me thinking: If the signal from the RCA is too low, maybe the speaker out might be perfect to run directly to the RCA inputs of an amp. Now I'm not referring to an amps "High Level inputs" which so many amps have today.I'm talking about running the speaker wire directly to the RCA inputs of the amp. Of course, you'll have to run the ground into each RCA input, but it should be hard to do with a bit of know how.Has anybody tried this? I would try it myself, but I'm afraid it will be a few months till I could try it.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 15/09/10 04:12 PM Posted 15/09/10 04:12 PM (edited) Yeah let me know how that one goes Do a search on amp threads. I posted up the wiring diagram in one of them a few months back. To be honest, you are better stealing the signal from the rear speakers.:oThis is how I feed 2 amps in my car and it works great. Factory speaker signal into the high level inputs of two amps. Edited 15/09/10 04:16 PM by straughsberry
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now