viking Member 61 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Posted 12/09/10 07:55 AM Posted 12/09/10 07:55 AM HELP!!!!! I have 18" BSA wheels fitted to my BFII XR6T, I am getting alot of vibration in the steering wheel and in back of the car between 80kph plus since they been fitted. does anyone else have this problem with the BSA Wheels? I have installed the proper hub rings and alot of places have looked at this problem but cant seem to figure out the issue. Is it that the BSA Wheels are bad quality? and may be hard to balance right.I am seriously thinking of getting the Foose(MHT) Nitrous 18" fitted(are they any good). will the Foose Wheels give me any issues? because I dont want to go back to the boring stock rims.
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 12/09/10 08:00 AM Posted 12/09/10 08:00 AM have they been balanced properly??
viking Member 61 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Posted 12/09/10 08:09 AM Author Posted 12/09/10 08:09 AM Yes!! they have been balanced properly. I got them to recheck it.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 12/09/10 08:13 AM Posted 12/09/10 08:13 AM shouldnt be a wheel issue then. I had a really heavy wheel in a set and that could be balanced up fine... albeit with ALOT of lead..tyre quality can be an issue. got cheapies? id be spending my money on better rubber before shelling out for new wheels.
viking Member 61 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Posted 12/09/10 08:32 AM Author Posted 12/09/10 08:32 AM When I put the stock rims on the vibration dissappears. I have $300 Yokohamas all round.
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 12/09/10 08:42 AM Posted 12/09/10 08:42 AM Sounds familiar, I had BSA 19,s and had a small vibration. took the rims off and put them on a balancing machine, giving them a slow push it was really obvious why- the right front had a flat spot in the rim, prob from a pot hole.It was really easy to see the 'wobble' as the rim turned slowly. Get them checked out, looking at the inside and outside edges. In my opinion bsa are a cheap wheel and you get what you pay for. If you are going to replace them think seriously about 18's - I went that way and am really happy with em, 19's and bigger are for show cars or very eagle eyed drivers on ultra smooth roads. Good luck mate.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 12/09/10 11:46 AM Posted 12/09/10 11:46 AM Hub rings can cause balance issues too! How big are they?I took mine off and have never had an issue since, but they were really small!!!
viking Member 61 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Posted 13/09/10 09:05 AM Author Posted 13/09/10 09:05 AM The vibration was worse without the hub rings.
viking Member 61 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Posted 13/09/10 09:09 AM Author Posted 13/09/10 09:09 AM Sounds familiar, I had BSA 19,s and had a small vibration. took the rims off and put them on a balancing machine, giving them a slow push it was really obvious why- the right front had a flat spot in the rim, prob from a pot hole.It was really easy to see the 'wobble' as the rim turned slowly. Get them checked out, looking at the inside and outside edges. In my opinion bsa are a cheap wheel and you get what you pay for. If you are going to replace them think seriously about 18's - I went that way and am really happy with em, 19's and bigger are for show cars or very eagle eyed drivers on ultra smooth roads. Good luck mate.yes I am going to stay with 18" I have sold the cheap BSA and going to order my new wheels real soon. thank for your help.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now