Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I need to replace my rotors for my 4 pot brembo fronts and was seeing if anyone else had gone for DBA 5000 2 piece rotors.

And whats the difference between crossed drilled\slotted and just slotted.

Cause on the site they reckon that slotted are more suited to racing over slotted and crossed drilled.

I would have thought they other way.

The price of DBA is $1100 and brembos about $750. But when replacing DBA's again they are cheaper because you dont have to buy the top hat.

Any feed back would be good Cheers.

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Ask HIRO... He sells dbas... And quite cheap too I might add!!!

And a FORUM sponsor :buttrock:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I need to replace my rotors for my 4 pot brembo fronts and was seeing if anyone else had gone for DBA 5000 2 piece rotors.

And whats the difference between crossed drilled\slotted and just slotted.

Cause on the site they reckon that slotted are more suited to racing over slotted and crossed drilled.

I would have thought they other way.

The price of DBA is $1100 and brembos about $750. But when replacing DBA's again they are cheaper because you dont have to buy the top hat.

Any feed back would be good Cheers.

I have 4 pot Brembos at the front of my FGXR6T and am onto a set of slotted DBA5000's. Last set were slotted DBA4000's. They lasted 5 track days and about 60,000kms which I was happy with as the SBS race pads I use at the track are quite abrasive. Standard Brembo pads were used on the street and were fine apart from dust which doesn't worry me.

The drilled and slotted rotors are more show than go in my opinion. The slots are not as long or deep as the slotted (only) rotors which help the hot gases escape more effectively under repeated, heavy braking I.e. circuit use.

I would only go the 2 piece 5000's if you need to reduce the unsprung weight of the car for track use though. The alloy hub does make a difference (especially when used in combo with lightweight wheels) and ofcourse if you go through rotors as quickly as I do, when you need a new set you only have to replace the rotor itself and not the attached hub like in the 1 piece 4000's. Saves a bit of $$ long term as you mentioned.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posted

The drilled and slotted rotors are more show than go in my opinion.

I'd agree with that.

Cheers for the support Worm.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 18d
Posted

I agree with the statment. I have Brembo discs of F1 Cars (prior to carbon fibre rotors) and you can see that the cross drilled holes all have cracks starting in them. This is not a problem becuse they get thrown out (or sold to rave fans for paper weights) after each race. I dont reccomend cross drilled for street or race use. I Like the idea of Dimpled and cross drilled, more for a visual affect. I have not seen any data that says cross drilled is better than slots only.

THe other factor is, how many V8 Supercars, still have cross drilled rotors, I may be wrong, but I think it is 0!

If it was me I would buy DBA's over Brembos, for a few reasons, one of them is that DBA is an Aussie Company and they have been designed for Aussie Roads!

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posted

Your right BCR. The V8 Supercars used to run a cross drilled rotor and now all use the control slotted rotor. This was done for cost cutting reasons as it became too expensive to throw out a set of rotors after each race.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

The holes in my cross drilled Brembo rotors are packed full of compacted brake dust. Will be going slotted next time & definitly different pads to the Brembo ones. I can clean the wheels & in 2-3 days they are black again. :censored:

  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted (edited)

4 Pots Brembo's on the RSpec...

Looked at the Brembo Rotors myself before a change, along with the DBA 4000 XS, 5000 XS and Slotted only...

Long in short -

DBA42102XS Product Weight: 12.6 kg .RRP$525.99 ea (AUD)

DBA52102GLDXS Product Weight: 9.7 kg .RRP$876.65 ea (AUD)

DBA52102.1XS $551.03 ea

Really worth it???

I thought NOT!

The gold colour is a bit wank, and it does depend on the pads you use also...

Having said that - there is a few on here that have driven the RSpec since the change over, all (so far) have given it the :hohum:

Mate - check with Arjey and O2Sucker - both have done the upgrade on XR6t also...

Using XS 4000's -

O2's got - DS Performance Pads.

Arjay - Bendix CT's...

Im running Ceramic pads with 5.1 fluid - nice when hot - cold they are a bit... aaahhhhhhhhhhh thud!

Edited by smicky
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The Brembo rotors are crap, as they are so soft, they cannot seem to last more than one pad change.

I will be getting DBA's when they are due for replacement. The Cost for the Brembos are also a lot more than alternatives.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

4 Pots Brembo's on the RSpec...

Looked at the Brembo Rotors myself before a change, along with the DBA 4000 XS, 5000 XS and Slotted only...

Long in short -

DBA42102XS Product Weight: 12.6 kg .RRP$525.99 ea (AUD)

DBA52102GLDXS Product Weight: 9.7 kg .RRP$876.65 ea (AUD)

DBA52102.1XS $551.03 ea

Really worth it???

I thought NOT!

The gold colour is a bit wank, and it does depend on the pads you use also...

Having said that - there is a few on here that have driven the RSpec since the change over, all (so far) have given it the :thumbsup:

Mate - check with Arjey and O2Sucker - both have done the upgrade on XR6t also...

Using XS 4000's -

O2's got - DS Performance Pads.

Arjay - Bendix CT's...

Im running Ceramic pads with 5.1 fluid - nice when hot - cold they are a bit... aaahhhhhhhhhhh thud!

The centre hubs on my DBA5000 hubs are black (not gold) and a 3kg weight saving on all 4 corners is HUGE!!!!!.... considering it is unsprung weight.

On the circuit they are really noticeable in combination with my Enkei RPF1's around 5kg lighter per wheel than stock. You would be surprised what a difference lighter wheels and brake rotors make, and in my opinion defintely worth the money if you demand high perfornamce components.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...