My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Posted 18/08/10 03:43 AM Posted 18/08/10 03:43 AM Hey guys,For the last 2 months I have noticed at the same spot on the road on the way home (about 15mins at a round about) if I put the foot down it will only get to 3PSI and not 10PSI. If I drive another 1khm down the road it will get to 10PSI. WHY????
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 18/08/10 04:45 AM Posted 18/08/10 04:45 AM (edited) That sounds freaky. I vote for some sort of outer space no oxygen wormhole zone.edit - it's not hilly is it? Edited 18/08/10 04:45 AM by -SteveR-
My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Posted 18/08/10 04:47 AM Author Posted 18/08/10 04:47 AM That sounds freaky. I vote for some sort of outer space no oxygen wormhole zone.edit - it's not hilly is it?Yeah kinda. Why?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 20/08/10 05:12 AM Posted 20/08/10 05:12 AM The only thing I can think of is that the lower PSI area is downhill? Flooring it and seeing 7PSI difference is confusing though. Are the boost levels the same travelling in the opposite direction? That'd REALLY be screwy.
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/08/10 05:40 AM Posted 20/08/10 05:40 AM The only thing I can think of is that the lower PSI area is downhill? Flooring it and seeing 7PSI difference is confusing though. Are the boost levels the same travelling in the opposite direction? That'd REALLY be screwy.Is your traction control cutting in perhaps?
My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Posted 20/08/10 05:43 AM Author Posted 20/08/10 05:43 AM Is your traction control cutting in perhaps?Nope, tried that. Going home it works fine. I'm thinking maybe cause I'm sitting in traffic for a while (5mins at traffic lights). Could it be the MAP VS Intake Air Temp table and ECT multiplier table?
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/08/10 05:47 AM Posted 20/08/10 05:47 AM Sounds a bit twilight zone mate! Weird! have you tried different approach speeds to the same area?
My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Posted 20/08/10 05:50 AM Author Posted 20/08/10 05:50 AM Cant try different speeds. traffic banks up. Takes about 5 mins to get to round about. Then once I get to the round about and take off only 3PSI.
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/08/10 05:56 AM Posted 20/08/10 05:56 AM Maybe try a diffrent way home! Seems you might be driving over secret underground miltary jamming sub station that only effect XR6 turbos!
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 20/08/10 06:48 AM Posted 20/08/10 06:48 AM Try the trip at night so you can get a decent average road speed. Take note if it happens in the same spot going in both directions. This info may help solve the mystery.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now