Davidxr6t03 Member 58 Member For: 16y 3m 23d Posted 15/08/10 10:32 PM Posted 15/08/10 10:32 PM Hi Guys, I had my T serviced by Fraud and they were nice enough to leave the fuel regulator pipe off when they put it back together?Anyway after my fuel consumtion shot up to 22lt/100 I started looking under the bonnet and found the pipe was off. I connected the pipe and disconnected the battery to reset the fuel consumtion. This is when the problem started, the car has a surge now when cold from 1500 to 2000rpm for the first 5 minutes of operation.The car is a stock 03 ba turbo with 70000km, rear muffler removed and a K&N filter fitted.I took it back to Fraud and they put it on the dianostic tool and found no error codes and the afr's where all normal.I have replaced the battery, all 6 coils, spark plugs, throttle body clean, clean boost solenoid, tighten the exaust manifold but still the surge remains. I have a new oxygen censor comming in the next couple of days.I was hopping to get a custom tune but until its running right I have to wait, does anyone have anymore idea's on what it could be as im out of idea's.Thanks.Dave.
Benji_vs Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 18y 5m Gender: Male Location: East Suburbs Melbourne Posted 16/08/10 09:39 AM Posted 16/08/10 09:39 AM Never quite understood the term surge as alot of people use it to describe different things, what happens exactly? Does the engine struggle to hold revs when idling when cold? This maybe due to a number of things, mostly a leak somewhere in the intake or exhaust. A stock setup should not be struggling but when you have bigger injectors or small gapped plugs it may run a little rough at startup ive heard. Sounds like you have done everything which is usually told to look at.It may also be your transmission if the car is getting no power when cold between 1500-2000rpm. Not 100 percent sure but hope that helped a little.
berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/08/10 02:45 PM Posted 16/08/10 02:45 PM Mine has pretty much always done this at startup, dissapears within 5 mins I dont worry about it
BarKer Member 174 Member For: 17y 19d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 16/08/10 08:47 PM Posted 16/08/10 08:47 PM My FG does it, I read somewhere that it was the factory tune causing this. However, if that is the case then it does not make any sense for your situation... Unless they upgraded the engine management software ?
Davidxr6t03 Member 58 Member For: 16y 3m 23d Posted 16/08/10 09:05 PM Author Posted 16/08/10 09:05 PM (edited) Thanks Guy's for the replies.I will have the new oxygen censor put in by the end of the week. Its strange because the car has never had a surge and then disconnected the battery and there it was.I spoke with the tuner and he said that a custom tune may mask the problem, so he will take a look before the tune.Thanks againDave Edited 16/08/10 09:06 PM by Davidxr6t03
Davidxr6t03 Member 58 Member For: 16y 3m 23d Posted 27/08/10 11:54 AM Author Posted 27/08/10 11:54 AM (edited) Hi, Well I thought I would post that the problem was the Oxygen Censor which looked perfect upon inspection but now replaced has fixed the cold start surge and other small issues with the daily running of the car.I would also like to add that all the things that I tried along the way, which all came from this forum all made a noticable difference to the car from the idle all the way up to the improved performance.With all the helpful DIY post's I believe I have saved a fortune.So a big thanks to the fordxr6turbo forum and members for posting.Dave. Edited 27/08/10 12:03 PM by Davidxr6t03
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 27/08/10 12:01 PM Posted 27/08/10 12:01 PM We're just here to help
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now