MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/07/10 02:51 PM Posted 30/07/10 02:51 PM In need of a camber kit fitted to the rear in Melbourne... Anyone know where and how much, cbf looking for a decent place, would rather recommendations..Came back from Tassie today, get picked up in the T and 10 mins after being picked up, we get a flat... Take the wheel off and the whole inside is chewed up...Cheers Mike..
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/07/10 01:48 AM Posted 31/07/10 01:48 AM I wasn't aware the rears had a problems with camber on the falcon, only thought it was the front.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 31/07/10 01:51 AM Author Posted 31/07/10 01:51 AM Dropped the car off to get some new rubber.. asked the guy about camber kits and he didnt seem to think that BA's have em for the rear? He said you can adjust them as is, but as for extra 'shims' or kits he seemed a bit lost... Gettin a wheel alignment anyways...Just what I wanted on my weekend back in Melb, wasting time and money when I could be doing alot of other sh*t!!
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 31/07/10 01:53 AM Author Posted 31/07/10 01:53 AM Dillz, I should have got a pic of the shagged rear, but it was farked on the inside, my cousin got stabbed lol... The drivers side rear was farked but the other wasnt as bad but is headin the same way? Could it be shocks are gone or anything else? The cars not that low...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/07/10 01:55 AM Posted 31/07/10 01:55 AM Might be something else I think, like a bad puncture or something. Cause if the camber was off both rears would be effected yeah?
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 31/07/10 02:06 AM Author Posted 31/07/10 02:06 AM Nah the tyre wore out till it finally gave up and deflated.. The other rear has the same wear but not as bad... I dun understand??
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/07/10 02:10 AM Posted 31/07/10 02:10 AM Yeah I'm stumped to know, see how you go with an alignment.
xr6greg Member 73 Member For: 18y 3m 15d Posted 31/07/10 03:12 AM Posted 31/07/10 03:12 AM There is limited adjustment for camber and toe on the rear of XR's. If too much negative camber can't be adjusted out then you need to fit some off-set inner upper control arm bushes. Good for about 1 degree of adjustment.
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 31/07/10 11:35 AM Posted 31/07/10 11:35 AM MIne is the same. Chewed the left rear inside all the way to the steel.Camber kit from Peddars is $445 fitted.Had another alignment done a few weeks ago (without the kit) as I just got a set of Falkens, have done about 2000kmand the wear looks ok at this stage.My wait another 2-3000km and re-measure. If the wear is bad I'll get the rear camber kit installed.
xr6greg Member 73 Member For: 18y 3m 15d Posted 31/07/10 02:10 PM Posted 31/07/10 02:10 PM (edited) MIne is the same. Chewed the left rear inside all the way to the steel.Camber kit from Peddars is $445 fitted.Had another alignment done a few weeks ago (without the kit) as I just got a set of Falkens, have done about 2000kmand the wear looks ok at this stage.My wait another 2-3000km and re-measure. If the wear is bad I'll get the rear camber kit installed.$445.00 fitted?!What did they fit for $445.00? The off-set upper inner control arm bushes are $75.00 a set (the kit has two bushes, you can't buy a single one if you only want one side of the car done.) and took me about an hour to fit one side (all I needed to fix up the camber problem).PS: I have one brand new upper inner control arm bush gathering dust if anyone wants it - $40 delivered anywhere in Oz. Edited 31/07/10 02:12 PM by xr6greg
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now