power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 24/07/10 05:39 AM Posted 24/07/10 05:39 AM G'day guysI got rev for the iPad that hooks up to the plx kiwi wifi and have been playing with the boost gaugesThere are two of them, one for boost and the other for inlet manifold pressure. When I get the c ar dyne graph where is this measured from?
Jarod85 Member 58 Member For: 16y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Orange Posted 24/07/10 06:00 AM Posted 24/07/10 06:00 AM This is exactly what I'm doing also. Still waiting for my kiwi wifi to come. Stupid weekends. Pretty certain It's the inlet manifold pressure that matters as this is what the engine is dealing with. Depending on your piping/cooler You may have different levels of pressure. A restriction is going to create higher pressure before it, so you may have a higher boost pressure before the cooler, and therefor less boost at the plenum.However I'm not a tuner, so I'm prepared to admit I may be wrong.
possum Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 17y 4m 9d Gender: Male Posted 24/07/10 06:04 AM Posted 24/07/10 06:04 AM are you prepared to admit your gay to?
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 24/07/10 06:07 AM Author Posted 24/07/10 06:07 AM My inlet manifold is a lot higher than the boost, sometimes the boost goes in the negative.Boost is usually fairl low eg. -2 to +10 and the IM get from 5 to 30
Jarod85 Member 58 Member For: 16y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Orange Posted 24/07/10 06:11 AM Posted 24/07/10 06:11 AM are you prepared to admit your gay to?Haha go suck one. And stop hyjacking threads. Your ruining it for everyone.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 24/07/10 06:13 AM Posted 24/07/10 06:13 AM are you prepared to admit your gay to?*you're even though you're probably having a friendly dig at your mate!/spelling nazi
Jarod85 Member 58 Member For: 16y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Orange Posted 24/07/10 06:18 AM Posted 24/07/10 06:18 AM How does the revs look on the iPad. Is it scaled up, or made to suit the iPad screen.
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 24/07/10 06:23 AM Author Posted 24/07/10 06:23 AM Scaled up so it's pixelated as usual. Don't notice it when driving though
possum Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 17y 4m 9d Gender: Male Posted 24/07/10 06:26 AM Posted 24/07/10 06:26 AM im also interested in doing this after talking to Jarod, how big is the obd2 scanner? do you have to drive around with the fuse panel removed? cheers blake
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 24/07/10 06:32 AM Author Posted 24/07/10 06:32 AM I have not tried to fit the fuse panel while connected. I got mine from the us as it was a fair bit cheaper. It has a massive cord about 1m long. I will try fitting the panel with it connected.I have been disconnecting when the car is off because the unit is staying lit up. I will also wait to see if it is just like the power going to windows when off for about 2 mins or if it stays on all night. Don't really want to get a dead battery
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now