mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/07/10 10:58 AM Posted 08/07/10 10:58 AM the xr6t in this months street fords (also a member on here) is using the spool CP combo and running 448rwkw. just sayin is all
NYT-SKY Member 155 Member For: 17y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 09/07/10 10:54 PM Posted 09/07/10 10:54 PM I have SPOOL rods in my engine with 420rwkw. Good rod for the price.Upgrading to NITTO rods for my new engine.
Lynchy Member 115 Member For: 17y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albury/Wodonga Posted 16/07/10 06:59 AM Author Posted 16/07/10 06:59 AM Build is a little bit cheaper than I thought for prices in Darwin. Just got quoted $2900 to take all accs of and pull motor out/apart, fit rods and pistons, check everything and reassemble everything/drop motor back in and including all fluids. so pretty much $5500 total including rods and pistons + check tune on dyno. Sound about right??
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 16/07/10 07:43 AM Posted 16/07/10 07:43 AM sounds like a real bargain... make sure they are reputable, don't wanna spend $5500 and find out you need to spend another $3000 fixing f*ck ups.
phantom6 Legacy Donating Member 146 Member For: 18y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, S.E Posted 16/07/10 09:08 AM Posted 16/07/10 09:08 AM what about machining block? new forged pistons/rods will fit straight in?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/07/10 09:14 AM Posted 16/07/10 09:14 AM at least! I done the sums on my build the other night. 15 g's for 370rwkw. Dont know how so many people get to this level of power so cheaply. And that is power mods only, not servicing and tyres etc. In hindsight a built atomic motor would have been the go, and then I could have also sold my f6 motor. But oh well, sh*t happens. Wow I came up at about 7k on a BF2 engine without tuning time.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 16/07/10 09:35 AM Posted 16/07/10 09:35 AM It is cheap and they just might do a great job but I'd be wanting to know a little more. What machining do they intend on doing? I spent about 4k in machining and balancing the bottom end alone, albeit with the intention of 1000+hp.
Lynchy Member 115 Member For: 17y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albury/Wodonga Posted 16/07/10 12:44 PM Author Posted 16/07/10 12:44 PM Yeah I guess it is in Darwin, not sure if I'd really trust them 100% as I don't think many workshops up here know their way around these cars like some places elsewhere...Pretty much Expensive Daewoo country up here :(. But just wanted to get a rough idea on labour costs and so fourth. Think I'll wait as I'm moving to Adelaide or possibly aubury/woodonga end of this year anyway.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 16/07/10 09:18 PM Posted 16/07/10 09:18 PM what about machining block? new forged pistons/rods will fit straight in?most will come in a range of sizes - stock, +.010", +.020" and +.040".
orangeute338 Suspended 260 Member For: 18y 2m 10d Gender: Male Posted 23/07/10 10:17 AM Posted 23/07/10 10:17 AM I just got a ba xt motor for $380 I pulled it apart and measured it all up the crank and bores are still within spec so just gona hone the bores to clean them up throw in a set of rods and pistons and some pump gears, no need to do any machining if its still all in spec and you arnt chasing insane power...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now