stubbsy351 Member 11 Member For: 16y 4m 10d Posted 08/06/10 10:26 AM Posted 08/06/10 10:26 AM hey guysI have an 05 BA2 XR6T with prem sound and on the last couple of mornings the screen on my stereo stays black (as in off) until after a few minutes of driving, I still have the radio playing but no screen, has anyone seen this before? (I tend to attract unique problems so I wont be suprised if its a one off).Thanks
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/06/10 10:46 AM Posted 08/06/10 10:46 AM Certainly isn't normal. Had similar in the FG where the screen would reset every now and then - was traced to a loose plug.Stupid question, but just to make sure, it's not the auto-off feature is it? As in the screen will only come on when you hit a button/dial and turn-off after a few seconds?
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/06/10 11:18 AM Posted 08/06/10 11:18 AM Yeah... If you hold the volume button down I think it activates this feature...
stubbsy351 Member 11 Member For: 16y 4m 10d Posted 09/06/10 06:41 AM Author Posted 09/06/10 06:41 AM Certainly isn't normal. Had similar in the FG where the screen would reset every now and then - was traced to a loose plug.Stupid question, but just to make sure, it's not the auto-off feature is it? As in the screen will only come on when you hit a button/dial and turn-off after a few seconds?thanks mate will check the auto off, still pretty new to me so I will have to suss it out
turbo proud Member 16 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Posted 21/06/10 02:18 AM Posted 21/06/10 02:18 AM I have a Xr6T 04 and have had 3 large black spots appear on my colour screen. Is there any way of renewing the Lcd's or do I need a replacement and if so any ideas on how much?
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 21/06/10 09:48 AM Posted 21/06/10 09:48 AM depends what the 'spots' are... but otherwise probably replace it..
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 21/06/10 06:14 PM Posted 21/06/10 06:14 PM Try holding down the volume button for about 5-6 seconds till it beeps at you, and see if that fixes the issue
stubbsy351 Member 11 Member For: 16y 4m 10d Posted 09/07/10 11:08 AM Author Posted 09/07/10 11:08 AM Try holding down the volume button for about 5-6 seconds till it beeps at you, and see if that fixes the issuesorry I've taken some time to reply but I have been away for work, the stereo is still randomly turning the screen off but if it hit the left side of it the screen comes back on, so im thinking its probably a dodgy connection somewhere.Stubbsy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now