Bf Turbo Traction Control Problem

hazaturbo

• Member For: 15y 2m 1d

I have a 2006 BF and it just had its 90,000km service. I got the car back and now I notice that the traction control lights up on the dash. I have tried to turn the traction back on however the light stays on. I usually drive with the traction off but with the weather lately it would be nice to have it on. I know my battery needs replacing, could this affect the traction control. I also noticed a few weeks ago that my speedo stopped working as I was driving. I stopped the car and turned it on again but it still would not work. Later that day the speedo worked again. Then the next day my ceruise control would not work. The next day it was working fine. Anyone else have these problems and if so what fixed it?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 6d

It sounds to me like they did something (or didn't do) when servicing it. Maybe a damaged plug, faulty fuse etc. You should really take it back and get them to look at it. You could be wasting a lot of time trying to find it yourself.

• Member For: 15y 2m 1d

The dealer rang during service and said that the light was coming on when turning left. I had not noticed this previous to the service however I always turned the traction off when I started the car. They were not sure what the problem was. The front and rear brakes were checked but no work was carried out on the brakes. I have noticed that sometimes the light comes on about 10 seconds after starting the car even if I have not moved and other times I can drive for a minute or so before the light comes on. Both brake lights are working. I know I have a faulty combination switch as my lights only work in auto mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 14d

mate im getting the same problem happened tonight. with 46,000kms and already getting problems!

abs light is staying on and traction control wont turn off. also my speedo is reading half the speed of what im doing.

guessing one of the abs sensors needs a clean or replacement.

is your abs light staying on too?

• Member For: 17y 20d

I can't remember the detail, but, from Memory, there is a Sensor on the front Hub that gets dirty or packs it in!

My wife's Car had the problem with both the TC light and ABS Lights staying on after we fitted some new Rotors and Pads, etc!

Replaced the Sensor and all was well!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 19d

Jack her up, take off the wheel. look in the back of the disc caliper assembly for a wire and follow it to the sensor which is held in with one small bolt(8mm I think from memory). Undo the bolt, remove the sensor which will most likly be covered in iron filings-(magnetized) and give it a wipe to remove these filings. Reassemble. Cleaned mine at 68000km when I did the suspension and they had a good coat of filings on em.

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Bloody Ford (I assume it was Ford) "Yeah we design them, we build them and we will tell you we fix them, but we dont know whats wrong"

Take it back and ask that they fix it but probably wont.

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 4d

Mine does the same thing, it seems to be an alignment thing. They have re-calibrated my steering angle sensors about 5 times, its good for about 15000km but faults constantly now. I'm out of warranty now so I guess its gonna cost me a few pennies this time :(

My car has the light come on every time I drive it now, so annoying. Last time I went they told me to get new tyres, a wheel alignment, then they will re-calibrate it. Only ford can do it cos no other service places have the software.