Ram Air!

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6d

so you are saying take the spot light out no way y not just add a bigger cold air intake at the top above the rad behind the grill.

Works as well and the car does not look like it has bits missing.

Ian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• There's a thin line between a wild time and a flat line.
  • Member For: 15y 3m 30d

ok so put the fog lights back in so when its deemed hazrdous to not have your fog lights on and you have forgotten to switch them on you can recieve a $117 fine and 1 demerit point and when you forget to turn them off you can recieve your next $117 fine and 1 demerit point...hmmm... tempting, low beams are recommended in the fog not a requirement and fog lights if fitted are a requirement. check with your local p.d. if you dont believe me. that law is enforced here so F**K fog lights I.m.o.

also to add to the above I have an auto cooler on the drivers side so that would look even more retarded, a fog light on the passenger side and none on the drivers side...and dont say just mount it in front of the cooler because that would just be a heat sink!

come on guys...CONSTRUCTIVE criticism have an option that is actually viable.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d

the whole idea of the forum is to get peoples opinions, dude. if you dont like negative comments then don't post.... :spit:

by the looks of things no one is replying because no one is intersted in this mod. :hohum:

there is realy no benefit to the effort required doing this when to get the same poofteenth of power increase is as simple as 1/4 of a pound more boost.... :spoton:

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Well done mate for having a go.

Every superbike these days has ram air. And it feeds strait into the dirty side of the air box and I have never had a problem with rain. Even Phillip island main strait with it pissing down @260kmp/h. The ZX1400 puts out 168rwkw without using the ram and 202rwkw using it. Use the std fog shroud and run a fine mesh to fill the hole and all good. Well cept for big puddles. Spray can go forward and up from the front wheels.

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 2m 1d

Ram air would make zero difference on a turbo car. But the cooler air would. But why not preserve the look of the car I.e leave the foggies installed, and upgrade the cooler?

thanks for some positives guys.hope someone who wants to have fun with it will.

• Member For: 14y 1m 14d

Ram air would make zero difference on a turbo car. But the cooler air would. But why not preserve the look of the car I.e leave the foggies installed, and upgrade the cooler?

...ahem... you might wanna take a look at that photo of the cars front end again mate...

Cooler air was the intention.. and that is what he'll get from it, no one can deny that.

In my opinion the foggies look like crap anyway, I'll be taking mine out next time I get under the car for anything!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 21d

Lets see some proven results, like quarter mile, or dyno. It seems like

1. Yes it may well suck cooler air, but,

is it really worth the effort? Seems to me like if your gonna take the front bumper off to fit this why not just install the pod under the headlight setup?

It is a nice right up, and it is good for someone to throw some ideas out there and share. But I'm sure most of us prefer to keep our foglights where they are, and if there is a gain I'm still sure it would be small enough for most to still keep the foglights in.

If you do get some decent results from this then well done.

But I'd rather not butcher my car in this fashion.

or you could just be negative... :buttrock:

1/4 its only just been put on!

Dyno - as above.

effort - next to none - if you dont enjoy makin something with your hands then dont! this isnt a place to argue guys if you dont like this then p**s off and stop bein a negative influence ruining peoples enjoyment of workin on their cars trying to make improvements and save money!

as for pod under headlight - if you'd like to buy one for me no worries mate but how much are they worth? and how much intake noise do they make?with how much extra attention seeking? this cost 6 dollars for the funnel, and about 13 for the pipe and 2 cable ties. so its about how much cheaper then the ubp? this is for those that arent rolling in cash, so if your loaded good on ya!dont take it out on me, im 24 paying for a 250000 dollar house a 20000 dollar car and all the insurances etc to go with them.

so basically if you dont find sitting out in the drive with the mrs pointing out a few bits on the car that she or even the kids whatever dont get to see any other day of the week enjoyable, then do what makes you happy, just dont come on here and go on about butchering cars etc... its not necessary, if you take note of the pics instead of just trouncing my idea you would see that if for instance sake this makes no power or makes a loss or who knows you may even convert it into a brake duct and then youve had your fun and just want to scrap the whole idea YOU CAN and there will be no visual evidence that any thing has been there before!

now if youve finished your bullying, leave this topic and go talk to someone else!