Guest XR09 Guests Posted 08/05/10 08:49 PM Posted 08/05/10 08:49 PM It's a tough call.No one knows what the RBA will do with interest rates. But a 1% hike is a car payment a month on an av 350 thou mortgage.I was lucky enough to get mine last year when the world had gone to shoite and locked it in a 5.95% for the term of the lease with essanda.Australia is the only country in the world raising interest rates at the moment.My personal opinion is we are going to finally feel the pain the rest of the world is feeling. And interest rates are going to come back.Is there any way you can form a company and put the car on that ???For mine I would want to to be in a house and a few years of mortgage under my belt, just incase. If you put what you will be paying in car payments onto your mortgage your home loan will be gone in eleven years instead of twenty five.Cars will always be here and who knows what will be the lastest and greatest in a few years. Houses are getting out of control and unaffordable to most these days. Try paying a mortgage on a single wage, it hurts.Why not wait till November. The new Frauds will be out so all used T's take one step back in price, we will be past October, historically the month of crashes on the stock market, and time for the RBA to drop rates hopefully .5%Get a dirt bike so you still have the fuel rush and grin factor in the interem.
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/05/10 11:13 PM Posted 08/05/10 11:13 PM Do it bro. After I bought my house I bought the first F6 about 6 months later and the extra debt just made me work harder to earn more money!Buy a low k BF MKII XR6t with a ZF and slowly mod away when you have some spare cash. I have to agree that putting a car on your mortgage is silly because the car depreciates a hell of a lot faster than you pay it off, but if it means you get into a t then go nuts. The appreciation of your house will outwiegh the extra debt after a couple of years depending on where you buy
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/05/10 03:04 AM Author Posted 09/05/10 03:04 AM Good point, didn't really think of it like that.
Snaps Member 79 Member For: 18y 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/05/10 12:08 PM Posted 09/05/10 12:08 PM Dillz, you shoulda put a poll in this thread!
Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 2m Gender: Male Posted 09/05/10 12:18 PM Posted 09/05/10 12:18 PM I say do it mate.... Im in sooo much debt my eye bleed when I look at my out goings lol. Cars, Bikes, Travel loans all sorts of sh*t. But like you said when I walk away and look back at it all I have earned everything I have and my stuff make me happy... I often buy sh*t to counter act a negative experience.. Sadly I have had a few these last fews years but I have a lot of toys to makes it easier lol..You cant take it with ya mate...
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 7d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/10 11:10 PM Posted 09/05/10 11:10 PM Buy a fixer-upper house cheap and start renovating everything yourself. Dont know how? Learn. When you are nearly finished, go for a re-value. Borrow against the equity you now have and buy a T. It will be set up as a seperate low home-loan rate, rather than a high rate car-loan.Finish the house, sell it when the market is right, pay out all loans and walk away with a T you now own and enough cash to deposit another house.
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/05/10 03:12 AM Posted 10/05/10 03:12 AM Well Dillz, I've been in your position where you have this really strong urge for a T and something is holding you back. In my opinion - you don't need to spend 30k+. I reckon you could get by with a BA for the rush and they're less expensive - just my opinion. I like the look of the BA anyway - that's my opinion as well But I reckon get a T - as they say - "you won't look back cos you only live once"
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/05/10 04:42 AM Author Posted 10/05/10 04:42 AM Yeah thanks mate but I already owned a BA and I learned allot from that experience, will have to be a 06+ BF ZF if it's gonna happen.Seduced that's pretty much the plan except keep the house and rent it out.I should of put a poll op but I also wanted peoples opinions and experiences.
XR6TLuvr Member 20 Member For: 16y 4m 28d Posted 10/05/10 07:02 AM Posted 10/05/10 07:02 AM Did you have alot of problems with your BA? they really that bad?
Stink Senior Moron Legacy Donating Member 1,059 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast..... somewhere Posted 10/05/10 07:19 AM Posted 10/05/10 07:19 AM Having died 3 times in this life so far (hope theres no more) I'd say do what ya makes ya happy. If ya havin a hard time repayin the house you can always sell it (car). As for on how to by the car TALK to a financal adviser TELL him what ya wanna do...Then go from there...as old mate said.....you're a long time dead.....except for me. Death can get f*cked Just my 2cents
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now