mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 27/04/10 01:58 PM Author Posted 27/04/10 01:58 PM Are you thinking of the boost solenoid? I try and do the solenoid lube every few weeks. Ive noticed that mine tends to get a little lazy in regards to boost response. Is it possible to these to slowly wear out? could you talk me through this solenoid lube please, how to do and what im looking for??? what I need CRC??? WD40???thanks in advance
Benji_vs Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: East Suburbs Melbourne Posted 27/04/10 10:49 PM Posted 27/04/10 10:49 PM could you talk me through this solenoid lube please, how to do and what im looking for??? what I need CRC??? WD40???thanks in advanceThe answers you seek <url>http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31329</url>
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 27/04/10 11:07 PM Posted 27/04/10 11:07 PM Benji, I found that write up a few weeks abot and it is one of the best I have seen.For any who doubt this is a common problem, your wrong. I though all the stories about increase in responsiveness were cr@p. But I did mine and its a different car. I have 65k on the clock and I doubt its ever been done.Bit tricky for me tdue to Nizpros CAI.But in regards to this thread, I would recheck it. Even though you do it often, rule out the cost free before paying for expensive stuff. But I'm a cheap @rse.
mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 28/04/10 01:07 AM Author Posted 28/04/10 01:07 AM The answers you seek <url>http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31329</url> it worked I dont think it has been done in the last 40,000ks$600 to replace map sensor, fuel pressure regulator + 5 days no car (problem still there)$600+ diagnostics at ford replace TB bolt ($140 ea) and clean plus labour 6 hours no car (problem still there but happy with feeling of car)$22 x 6 spark plugs (BKR6EIX) what happened to my platinum plugs??? farking servicesomebody advising me to lube the boost solenoid with a bit of WD40 priceless (works exactly how I want it)man that advise would have worth $1,222 had I asked 7 months agoyou are the man *****
mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 28/04/10 01:09 AM Author Posted 28/04/10 01:09 AM MANNN she does boost again, wonder why they didnt do that when they installed my boost controller a month ago?????
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 29d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 28/04/10 03:46 AM Posted 28/04/10 03:46 AM Pull the cross over off. Get a mate to look at the butterfly. Put the car onto reds then push on the accelerator. If the butterfly doesn't move when you just lightly touch the throttle then id say its your pedal assembly
Benji_vs Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: East Suburbs Melbourne Posted 28/04/10 05:02 AM Posted 28/04/10 05:02 AM it worked I dont think it has been done in the last 40,000ks$600 to replace map sensor, fuel pressure regulator + 5 days no car (problem still there)$600+ diagnostics at ford replace TB bolt ($140 ea) and clean plus labour 6 hours no car (problem still there but happy with feeling of car)$22 x 6 spark plugs (BKR6EIX) what happened to my platinum plugs??? farking servicesomebody advising me to lube the boost solenoid with a bit of WD40 priceless (works exactly how I want it)man that advise would have worth $1,222 had I asked 7 months agoyou are the man *****No probs mate!Couple of things I have learned is that A. This forum is full of good info and write ups, B. Ford service is as useless as anything and C. These cars require a bit of care, more than usual unfortunately.Hope you enjoy your new car!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now