fang Member 51 Member For: 21y 2d Posted 02/04/10 08:13 AM Posted 02/04/10 08:13 AM In Victoria all the Police have to do is show that the unit was setup, tested and used within the Road Safte Act (Speed MEasuring) Provisions. If it was certified etc.If the guy was on his own you have a chance, if he was with a partner, 2 words against one.Save your breath and money and pay the fine. Would like to be proven wrong, but in over 5000 prosecutions, I never lost one. But then, I never wrongly booked anyone. Well, maybe that guy who called me a C**t but he deserved to walk home I think.But remember, I'm from Vic. The legislation in NSW may be otherwise and different. But just remember, 2 coppers under oath, versus your word. Also, how do you know your speedo is accurate? Have you a certifcate for a certified calibration organisation? IE VDO?A simple point also. Ask yourself honestly what your attitude was like when you spoke to them when you got out of the car. Did you get out with the attitude, "F**k you guys, I'm in the right"? that's never a good thing.If you were going to buy a TV, would you start off by abusing the salesman? that's gunna get you a good price.Argue all you like. These guys are humans (some it is questionable I agree) but they have feelings too.Good luckSo, you must have access to the mystical SOP/MOP for LIDAR that we mere mortals don't have access to. I have seen so many egregious uses ofLIDAR etc in my time that I no longer have faith in the human element behind the technology. My all time favorite was watching a highway patrol driver booking people during the major dust storms we had in SE QLD last year..using LIDAR. FWIW, I use lasers every day at my work, and am very familiar with limitations..cheersSteve
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/10 06:39 PM Posted 02/04/10 06:39 PM I dont know what state your from but what you suggest is not possible for him. The court cannot move the matter to another court for your convienence and expect the police to travel to the other end of a state. The only time matters of this minor nature are moved to other courts are for sentencing, which means he must already be convicted. Your also suggesting that he lie to have this request fulfilled and any such falsification on a court request is perjury.To often people come on here without thinking (knowing) just to vent there spleans to achieve browny points, with advice such as yours being inherently dangerous. Go prove yourself elsewhere. I.B.I was booked for speeding in kalgoorlie, worked there and lived in perth, 6hrs away. had it moved to a perth court, cops didnt turn up and it got overrulled. not sure what is inherently dangerous about that??to often you seem to think you know more about peoples situations that the people involved in the situation. I suggest you hop down from your high horse. R.D.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 04/04/10 08:53 AM Posted 04/04/10 08:53 AM So, you must have access to the mystical SOP/MOP for LIDAR that we mere mortals don't have access to. I have seen so many egregious uses ofLIDAR etc in my time that I no longer have faith in the human element behind the technology. My all time favorite was watching a highway patrol driver booking people during the major dust storms we had in SE QLD last year..using LIDAR. FWIW, I use lasers every day at my work, and am very familiar with limitations..cheersSteveDust storm, fog or heavy rain is all the same thing. Does not make it a limitation, just impossible.And just cause you've had a few fines over the years does not make you an expert just a bad driver.I.B.
Mat Legacy Donating Member 2,930 Member For: 19y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Caracciola Karussell Posted 04/04/10 09:29 AM Posted 04/04/10 09:29 AM So your now saying that someone who hasnt had speeding fines is a better driver than someone who has? If so, god help us all because that's truely living in fantasy land.Someone needs to inform Lewis Hamiliton that he's a bad driver
azasturbo Member 206 Member For: 17y 8m 17d Posted 04/04/10 09:30 AM Posted 04/04/10 09:30 AM The good old "If you have a fine you must be a bad driver" argument. What a load of crap that is a fine is no reflection on anyones ability to handle a motor vehicle safely.Keep pushing the company line IB if it helps you sleep at night.
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 04/04/10 10:22 AM Posted 04/04/10 10:22 AM is I.B a copper??would explain alot I suppose.
pharkit Legacy Donating Member 251 Member For: 19y 2m 26d Gender: Male Posted 04/04/10 05:52 PM Posted 04/04/10 05:52 PM is I.B a copper??would explain alot I suppose.that's where my money is. Funny thing is about 4 years ago I watched this blue xr6t with the number plate BIONIC boot it for at least a few K up Parrammatta rd (sydney). Must have been going at least 50km over in late arvo traffic. I always wondered if it was him.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 05/04/10 06:58 AM Posted 05/04/10 06:58 AM No chance, mines only just over 3 years old and theres far better plates out there. And in case you havnt noticed my cars Neo.And those with a whole buch of fines who think there our greatest and safets drivers, your really showing it. Or do more fines make you better then louis??Now that's fantasy land. But whatever helps you sleep at night, lay straight in bed or go to church every sunday.I.B.
Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 05/04/10 07:17 AM Posted 05/04/10 07:17 AM Epic
Craig. Member 563 Member For: 19y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast QLD Posted 05/04/10 09:01 AM Posted 05/04/10 09:01 AM Please explain to me how fines have a direct ( or indirect) corelation with the ability to operate a motorvehicle safely, either way?The number of fines someone has had is usually in direct proportion to how many klms you do, as it is always a matter of time IMO. After all, its not like anyone gets off with a warning anymore and with coppers hiding behind trees in the most likely place to get their quota ( all in the name of saving you from yourself of course), the only way to escape a fine is to catch a train or bus. Your state government depends upon it!
Recommended Posts