Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 29/03/10 10:19 AM Posted 29/03/10 10:19 AM Any thoughts on increasing rear track by 30mm either side?Half a turn on the nut to full lock should be plenty yeah...
Russman Member 38 Member For: 16y 8m 4d Posted 29/03/10 10:20 PM Posted 29/03/10 10:20 PM Huh? Don't know what you are saying? haha I mean 30mm extra on both sides? I'm thinking it will mean understeer.
Hotwire Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 17y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 29/03/10 11:17 PM Posted 29/03/10 11:17 PM Love this thread! I am looking to get a BA XR6 Turbo in a few weeks time and was wondering what size/offset it would take to fill the guards.Half a turn on the nut to full lock should be plenty yeah... You can increase the track simply by using correct width/offset wheels. He isn't implying a 30mm slip on spacer on each side, simply using a lower offset/wider wheel. OR you could use hub adaptors if you wanted, that's the cheats option, but still would have full contact of the nuts, as the spacer bolts to the original hub, and has a new set of full length nuts for the wheel I.e.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 30/03/10 03:34 AM Posted 30/03/10 03:34 AM Forgot the sarcasm font again didnt I...
Russman Member 38 Member For: 16y 8m 4d Posted 30/03/10 08:17 AM Posted 30/03/10 08:17 AM (edited) You can increase the track simply by using correct width/offset wheels. He isn't implying a 30mm slip on spacer on each side, simply using a lower offset/wider wheel. OR you could use hub adaptors if you wanted, that's the cheats option, but still would have full contact of the nuts, as the spacer bolts to the original hub, and has a new set of full length nuts for the wheel I.e. 30mm slip ons? HAHA!I was refering to bolt on hubcentric spacers. I like the spacer idea so I can interchange front and rear for tyre wear.Best offset I have found so far for the rear is 19x9.5 +35 offset. Edited 30/03/10 08:18 AM by Russman
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 17d Gender: Male Posted 30/03/10 10:01 AM Posted 30/03/10 10:01 AM +35 ? far out you will NEVER see the wheels !! my bf has +28 and they are dead even with the guards. fgs are so much wider, maybe +15 - 20 ?
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m 7d Posted 30/03/10 11:24 AM Posted 30/03/10 11:24 AM My 18x9.5 +35s with 275/35 rubber sat pretty much flush/just inside the top of the gaurd, but stuck out past the mud flaps.
Russman Member 38 Member For: 16y 8m 4d Posted 30/03/10 01:33 PM Posted 30/03/10 01:33 PM +35 ? far out you will NEVER see the wheels !! my bf has +28 and they are dead even with the guards. fgs are so much wider, maybe +15 - 20 ?Yeah I know! can't find any wheels with those offsets. Any ideas?My 18x9.5 +35s with 275/35 rubber sat pretty much flush/just inside the top of the gaurd, but stuck out past the mud flaps.Was that an FG sedan?
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m 7d Posted 30/03/10 02:40 PM Posted 30/03/10 02:40 PM BF MK2, dont know how +28 would sit even with the guards unless the rim was smaller than 9.5".I myself am after new rims for my FG, was looking at 8.5/9.5 +30 all round, but may go lower on the rear to fill it out more, or just settle with 18x10 +30s
Russman Member 38 Member For: 16y 8m 4d Posted 31/03/10 02:26 AM Posted 31/03/10 02:26 AM or just settle with 18x10 +30s What wheel's? where from?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now