Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth Wa
Posted

Hi guys just joined the site its been so informative I have just purchased a Fg Xr6t and and im about to get it modded I want to know if the following mods im about to do would be safe and still make the car drive well. I just purcased Gt2 Hdi cooler 60/lb inj Growler airbox with Gt snorkel 4' inch full exhaust custom made,Turbo mods F6 comp wheel, 12p actuator big flapper, port wastegate Xcal 3 with 2 tunes process west surge tank and fuel pump im looking in the vicinity of high 300's at the tyres on around 16 pounds of boost should I also upgrade valve springs ive had mixed reactions about them some people say yes some say dont need to also do I have to put cooler thermostat.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Geez you don't muck around. Looks like a great list of mods and high 300's shouldn't be too much of a problem at all with that gear.Just need to decide on a good tuner to make it all happen and be reliable. That is going to determine if the car drives well and handles the power.

Benny

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth Wa
Posted

Thanks Benny yeah went and saw the mechanic today and finalised the mods for the 3rd of march im going overseas for a week and thought it would be a good time to get car done so when I get back it will hopefully be all good im also keeping my factory turbo and have attained a ba bf gt 3540 for 2 grand and with all the mods inc f6 comp cover wastegate porting and bigger flapper it came in at just under $2500 which I think is money well spent so if I decide to sell the car I still have original parts. He showed me dyno graphs of a bf he did with slightly milder mods and he got 357 rwkw so I was happy with that hopefully he will do a good job when I get it all done first week of march il let you know how much it makes then the week after I will be racing it at the drags and il post the times as well, by the way did you modify your standard turbo to get 336 or did you modify the actuator your car should be pretty good for 11s as well

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted (edited)

Sounds like you've got it all under control. Where abouts are you? Who is doing your tune?

Mine is on a completely standard turbo. No mods required. No more power to get now though, maxed out.

Benny

Edited by Benny
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth Wa
Posted

Im in perth im using a guy called Matt from black mack performancwe they are owned by a ford dealership so he said he would warrant most things except engine which swayed me to go through them I also rang nizpro today and asked them about they're new fg packages which arn't quite ready and they told me what the package consists of and its basically what im doing and most of the guys are doing on the site they are bloody expensive though they told me to run a .07 front cover on turbo I was going to run .05 same as current f6 but they said to get most power they reccomend bigger one worried about lag though as our current turbo's are beautiful to drive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...