richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 18/01/03 09:41 AM Posted 18/01/03 09:41 AM The 17's design in an 18 would look good wouldnt they B) the other way round IMO
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 18/01/03 09:55 AM Posted 18/01/03 09:55 AM The 17's design in an 18 would look good wouldnt they B)the other way round IMO I actually prefer the 18's design as well but for 2 g's upfront plus the replacement rubber costs, I simply couldn't justify it. It's not as if the 17's aren't a nice looking wheel in their own right.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 18/01/03 10:16 AM Posted 18/01/03 10:16 AM I actually prefer the 18's design as well but for 2 g's upfront plus the replacement rubber costs, I simply couldn't justify it. It's not as if the 17's aren't a nice looking wheel in their own right. spot on Superoo
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 18/01/03 10:27 AM Posted 18/01/03 10:27 AM I like the 18's. But with leather, sun roof and all the other bits and pieces I had to draw the line somewhere.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 18/01/03 12:05 PM Author Posted 18/01/03 12:05 PM I like the 18's. But with leather, sun roof and all the other bits and pieces I had to draw the line somewhere. Haha, yes, I agree. I like Premium Brakes too, I like side airbags, I like SatNav, but they missed out too (unfortunately).I don't like the rumours of a longer delay though :( Simon....
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 18/01/03 12:08 PM Posted 18/01/03 12:08 PM Simon,Interesting, my car is similar to yours, but an auto (at the moment I haven't changed my mind) in Phantom. Otherwise the same.By the way it was Phantom or Mercury Silver for me. That silver is really classy.
Guest librandragon Guests Posted 18/01/03 12:23 PM Posted 18/01/03 12:23 PM I love the 18's, wish I got them.A different colour (Darker) would have been nice as well to try and disguise some of that aweful brake dust I'm forever cleaning off them. haha
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 18/01/03 12:43 PM Posted 18/01/03 12:43 PM Speaking of brake dust.How is it we all (some) have brand new cars but they all have rust on the disc's straight from the factory??
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 18/01/03 12:47 PM Posted 18/01/03 12:47 PM Sounds like iron rather than steel discs. The advantage being braking performance in the wet.This used to be a thing with Ducati motorcycles. Looked daggy but were really good when needed. And they were Brembos too.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 19/01/03 01:58 AM Author Posted 19/01/03 01:58 AM Interesting, my car is similar to yours, but an auto (at the moment I haven't changed my mind) in Phantom. Otherwise the same.By the way it was Phantom or Mercury Silver for me. That silver is really classy. Yes, I'm 100% on the colour. Phantom was good, as was Narooma Blue, but Mercury Silver's the long term colour for me.To respond to someone else's brake dust statement, I'm with you! I have black marks in my carport from where the front wheels sit and I've washed the front rims time and time again, getting rid of the dust. $900 worth of dust... :o Simon....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now