Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 26d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hey people

The other day during really really hot weather (43+) I stopped my car after a 5 minute drive and went to start it, shot up to 1200rpm, and as it came back down/dropped revs it just died. It did this 5 times, before I finally got it to start by giving it a few seconds of throttle after turning the ignition on. It has done this once or twice before over the last week, but I've always managed to start it second time round. It idles fine, and I've cleaned the throttle body.

Any ideas, as I don't want this happening again :beerchug:

  • It's not a MKI!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth
Posted

Hmmm. Could be evaporating fuel in the fuel lines.

Is your fuel pump/system due for a check up?

What sort of temperature was registering on the temp gauge?

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 26d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

I was driving it all day, and it was a hot day 43+, got home at 5pm, car sat for around 4 hours and I started it up 9pm, started ok, drove 5 minutes down the road, turned her off, tried to start it 10 minutes later and just kept dying. I've had a fuel pump installed 2 weeks ago, regapped spark plugs changed 2 weeks ago. This problem has happened occasionally in previous summers, where it almost died/started shuddering, but dieing 5 times is a joke :fool:

Coolant temp seemed to be around 35-40%

Edited by RSK
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 23d
Posted

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm - I have the "jump to 1200 then slowly back to idle" every time (pretty well) I start my engine - does not stall - any ideas anyone?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...