Fg Ute Mud Flap Removal

saba

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 25d

The mudflaps you can do with some ease. Just pull out the scrivets and the locater plugs and remove the flaps. There is one plug that takes some effort but its a 5min job all up. Only problem is you may like a few people (myself included) find that the mudflaps have been fitted poorly and may have etched your paintwork. I had both tub side panels repainted under warranty because of this. Luckily for me the etching was even on both sides and Ford could not claim I did the damage in the removal process.

• Member For: 15y 8m 11d

I removed the FALCON and TURBO badges off of my ute after a couple of weeks of ownership. Just leave the bad boy out in the sun for a little while and go out there with a flat head. Take to an edge/corner of the badge and whilst using your hand as leverage (so you don't scratch your pride and joy) and simply pry it away from the paint work enough to get your nail under it and simply pull the bugger off.

I would think that removing the FORD badge would leave you with holes and I haven't done it, so that I can't advise you on.

Just be careful! I couldn't think of anything worse than scratching your new baby!

• Donating Members

Long nose pliers are the way to go on the lugs.As you pull at it, it will almost distort the mud flap shape which can rub at the paint work. Give it a hose off first so dirt and grit dont get in the way and also dont scratch the paint.

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 18d

hey guys,

was about to remove the mud flaps on the fg ute but noticed that the paint is all scratched up and im wanting to get it repaired under warranty, should I take them of and them take it to ford?

or smarter if I get them to fix all the paint and take the mud flaps of aswell?

basically im asking are they a **** to get the paint repaid or not to bad ??

• Member For: 20y 10m 3d

hey guys,

was about to remove the mud flaps on the fg ute but noticed that the paint is all scratched up and im wanting to get it repaired under warranty, should I take them of and them take it to ford?

or smarter if I get them to fix all the paint and take the mud flaps of aswell?

basically im asking are they a **** to get the paint repaid or not to bad ??

Mate definitely leave the flaps on....tonight I just removed the ones on mine and there is an outline of where the mud flaps were rubbing on the paint. I destroyed the lugs (they aren't screws) getting them off so I need to find replacements and I'll put them back on.

Also noticed there is a plate behind the mud plaps which I took off too. Is this supposed to stay on or do you guys keep them in? I can't see Ford painting the panels under warranty.

Very pissed off now. :buttrock::innocent:

• Donating Members

They painted mine under warranty. I took them off and left them off when I took it in.