woofer908 Member 25 Member For: 17y 7m 28d Posted 15/12/09 11:09 PM Posted 15/12/09 11:09 PM Hello all,I am a long time reader first time writer!I am in the market for a BF XR6T and have found one on carsales. As I found out today the car is an ex-police car. Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on ex-police cars? It's a 2007 BF MKII XR6T auto with 67,000 on the clock.I suppose it has some pros and cons. The pros are good service history, it's still under warranty and it has premium sound and duel zone climate control. The cons are it's an ex-police car and chances are it has been flogged!The list price is $24,890 but I'm sure I can get it lower than that.Should I have a look at this one, or should I wait for something else to come up?Any info would be great.Thanks guys
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/12/09 11:40 PM Posted 15/12/09 11:40 PM Can get cheaper ex HWP jobbies direct from the auctions.Have heard them go for 18 - 19K.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 9d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/09 01:08 AM Posted 16/12/09 01:08 AM meh. cop cars. you never know what you are getting. some are great, some are buggered. Do a search, you will find a stack of threads on this exact thing.
arm79 Legacy Donating Member 214 Member For: 17y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/12/09 01:10 AM Posted 16/12/09 01:10 AM I wouldn't.The allure of owning an ex-chaser goes out the window when you need a new diff or trans. Not saying all are like that, but the potential is greater.
woofer908 Member 25 Member For: 17y 7m 28d Posted 16/12/09 01:44 AM Author Posted 16/12/09 01:44 AM I thought there might have been other threads on the site, but I couldn't find them.Thanks for the replies. I haven't heard anything good about ex-chasers (someone might prove me wrong), so it might be a case of keep on looking
jaymen Member 57 Member For: 17y 4m 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/09 09:36 AM Posted 16/12/09 09:36 AM I purchased an Ex Cowra HWY patrol car it's a 2007 model BF XR6T MKII in Bionic blue with all the premo options, the only marks the car had on it was were the camera was fitted to the front window & on the roof were the lights were other then that its just like a brand new car still with warranty to 2010, like others have said there are some good ones & some that you wouldn't even put your dog in....
F6turbo Member 172 Member For: 20y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/12/09 10:36 AM Posted 17/12/09 10:36 AM There ARE good ex-chasers out there, not all cops treat their cars like crap. However the large majority have been well used and abused, if you're going to buy one spend a bit of time really checking them out, it took me a few months to find mine. And dont buy from a dealer, all they do is buy them from the auctions and slap 5k on the price.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 18/12/09 12:24 AM Posted 18/12/09 12:24 AM Hello all,I am a long time reader first time writer!I am in the market for a BF XR6T and have found one on carsales. As I found out today the car is an ex-police car. Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on ex-police cars? It's a 2007 BF MKII XR6T auto with 67,000 on the clock.I suppose it has some pros and cons. The pros are good service history, it's still under warranty and it has premium sound and duel zone climate control. The cons are it's an ex-police car and chances are it has been flogged!Thanks guysA dead set given, but they are all well mantained and serviced very well.I.B.
Tim Member 142 Member For: 18y 2m 24d Posted 20/12/09 10:45 AM Posted 20/12/09 10:45 AM How can one tell if a car has been a police car? Are there any signs to tell easily?
Grug Member 1,318 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Posted 20/12/09 11:54 AM Posted 20/12/09 11:54 AM Log book, check inside of drivers door for a police sticker, holes underneath the boot, holes on side of center console on passengers side, metal thingy above the rear view mirror, worn seats from the equipment on their belt rubbing against them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now