Wagnman's Silhouette G6ET

wagnman

• Member For: 14y 10m 5d

Looks awesome mate, the Plaz cooler will look hot through the black grill.

Cheers Rapid.

It was your G6Et that really confirmed to me that I was doing the right thing with my G6ET.

I have always been a big fan of silver cars (my last two have both been silver) and The chrome on the G6Et loos hot on the solver ones.

Oh and the fact you squeezed 295 rubber under the rear guards ROCKS!

on another note I just realized that I forgot to mention in my op that I had an LSD fitted to the car as well.

Edited by wagnman

• Member For: 17y 8m 6d

Gday champ.

I dont have any pics of the air box yet but I'll sort that out asap and post them up if you like.

Video from inside of car would be good also.

G6ET induction is too quiet. I miss the K&N pod bolted to the GT30 intake noise of my previous car

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 7d

Yeah Wagnman I was supprised the 295s fitting in the guards so easily... with the correct off-set and a guard roll 305s will go in :)

I think the G6ET is a great car to mod, but you just need to make sure power is strong enough to pass the high power euros.

I've noticed the usual rex/evo/ss brigade shy away, but the AMG/RS/Porshce drivers hunt me down lol The 4inch drain pipe at the back means nothing to them!

• Like 1

LOL!

Yeh I must say that while my old SS was a quick car (12.8 2 110mph at Willowbank) teh G6ET is apreciably quicker on the street as to get the SS to launch I needed to change the rear springs over to FE1 executive soft springs and put MT ET street radials on where the G6ET gets off the line briliantly without having to make any changes.

Picked the G6ET up from having the cooler and tune done last night.

309RWKW! on Powertorques Mainline dynolog dyno which is renown for reading conservativley.

To put this in perspective another FG (an XR6T) which was fitted with a different aftermarket intercooler, exhaust and the same blue power air box also had a larger BF turbo fitted managed 319 rwkw on the same dyno and that was a 6 speed manual so you can see that the Exhaust innovations custom system, the Plazmaman cooler and pipes and the Blue power air box all added up to a VERY potent package.

To say I am stoked with how it goes now is an understatement! This thing is bloody strong! The increase in power is massive and it now steps out into second hard which it didnt do before and the torque is huge.

The blow off valve is alot more noticable too, probably due to the higher boost it's getting now. The boost peaks at 16.5 PSI and holds a steay 16PSI.

Thanks heaps to Sean, Crusty and everyone at Powertorque for the huge effort you all put in to get this done for me. Fitting up something so new to the market carries it's own set of chalenges which you guys met in your usual highly profesional manner.

Thanks to Karl from Hiro Performance for organising the cooler and running around getting the replacement silicone hoses for me.

Thanks to Plazmaman for a radical looking intercooler and pipework kit which all fitted up nicley and obviously performs very well. Plazmaman were also very fast in sorting out some issues we had with odd hoses in the kit, mainly caused by the fact that these things had only just finished development when I got mine delivered (hot off the press so to speak)

Thanks to Brian and staff from Exhaust innovations Capalaba for an exhaust that can only be described as a work of art.

and finally thanks to Blue power for the killer sealed pod air box and helpful advice.

Cheers

Edited by wagnman

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 13d

:shocked: Cheers WGNMN.... great work. Crusty is letting loose on mine early new year, once everything else is under control.... including another exhaust by Brian.

You'll be a having a Merry Christmas with that little lot!

:blaah: Cheers WGNMN.... great work. Crusty is letting loose on mine early new year, once everything else is under control.... including another exhaust by Brian.

You'll be a having a Merry Christmas with that little lot!

Cheers mate.

Brians exhaust is simply briliant. so quiet when cruising along and a great deep note when under load and NEVER droney or anoying at all.

You'll be pumped when you get yours done. Crusty did a great job.