Wagnman's Silhouette G6ET

wagnman

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 7d

Taillights are a must, but chuck up some pics of your tinted ones when you can (in your own thread)

Wagman I didn't use to think so but now I think I do agree with Dags after seeing both on your car. Limo's need dish.

• Member For: 14y 10m 12d

The dished ones look brilliant but once I get some better pics up you'll see how cool these are as well. the dished rims looked classy and the new ones look tough, both suit the car. The new rims also look alot bigger because the spokes go all the way to the edge of the rim. I also feel the Brembos will dreams out like dogs balls with the new rims which will further toughen it up.

I still have the Vertini's in the shed with brand new tyres on them so I can swap looks any time for a change. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using my right hand

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 4d

bloody hell you guys, I am beginning to wish I never found this place!

much respect mate, thanks.

I am thinking of doing something like that, this forum is good value for a newbie.

• 1 month later...

Had the 6 pot Brembos fitted to the front, kit came with the STD FPV brembo pads, slotted rotors and braided lines. Also got Clint to give the rear brakes a birthday at the same time, machined the rotors and fitted braided lines and project Mu pads along with a full system flush and fresh race synthetic fluid.

25042012511.jpg

The brakes feel awesome now! Very confidence inspiring, huge stopping power and feel.

The std brembo FPV pads are BLOODY DUSTY though! lol far out only one day driving and the front rims were dusty as hell.

Ill get some pics up so you can see how good the 6 pots look behind my rims, very nice.

• 1 month later...

Well it's back to the dished Vertinni rims for my car.

If anyone is thinking of buying Zumbo rims take it from me and DONT.

What looked like really nice rims have turned out to be really nice looking rims that are made from plasticine.

I hit a little pot hole (nothing massive in any way) on the way to drop my son off to school and the front lh rim got a massive dent in it, made it look like a one sided square lol.

If that was not crappy enough when I pulled all 4 rims off I found the two rears also had smaller dents in their edges, god knows when from.

To say I'm. dissapointed is an understatement. The Ebay store (wheels monster) hyatt referred me to some tyre shop in Sydney to buy more rims.

It goes to show how good the Vertinnis are and where the extra cost goes when you buy a set of round for like $2500 as against a $800 set.

im dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• Member For: 13y 5m 20d

Nasty. There are so many cheap wheels around now. It wasn't long ago aftermarket wheels were made by a select few. My mate bought Simmons wheels 20 years ago and they were mega expensive then. I had a set of Boyd Coddingtons once, should never have sold them.

Chinese crud everywhere now. Are they even made to a standard?

You won't have a problem with Brembo's!

Edited by tuono

it's really scarey, when you buy something like a wheel you expect it to be safe and built to a certain level no matter how cheap it is. It's not like an air freshener it floor mats, wheels are a viral part of the safety of your car. to have something this sh*t being sold is rediculous. no matter how cheap they should still be strong. oh well lesson learned, at least they didnt fail completely and send me into the path of the dump truck that was going the other direction at the time.

im dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Had some more work done to the g6.

Clints bolted on a shiny new GTX 3582R.

Well I say "bolted on" but after he inspected the new rear housing he found the waste gate porting was far from prefect so he took out the die grinder and hand ported the waste gate throat.

The whole deal came together sweet as a nut and cranked out a lazy 407 rwkw on 20 psi and boost comes on much earlier than the old to4z set up that I had before.

interestingly the turbo is also WAY quieter than the old to4z as well which is not a bad thing, although the to4z did sound fricken aggressive. Lol.

That porting in the waste gate had made boost control very good. We were talking about an external gate initially but the extra costs involved in getting a new dump and external gate were not what I wanted to spend right now as I'll be looking at building the motor and box next year which is when I'll be doing the external gate set up as well with high mount manifold.

All up I'm completely stoked with the results. The car hammers and Clint at Profile autosports bent over backwards to get it sorted for me very quickly and at an unbeatable price.

Can't wait to hit willowbank now.

Edited by wagnman
  • Like 3