smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 26/10/09 04:03 PM Posted 26/10/09 04:03 PM Check out the Durreza's (Dunlop) few models up - should be around the same price..Also look at the Falkin - got them on my F6 at the moment and loving them in the wet and dry!!!Depends what sort of driving style you have also...
MonoRail Member 29 Member For: 19y 28d Posted 27/10/09 07:14 AM Posted 27/10/09 07:14 AM MONORAIL, NORTHERN WHEELS AND TYRES EPPING VIC. NO CATCHThanks man, I'll go check it out.
Smoke them tyres Member 557 Member For: 18y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/10/09 11:26 AM Posted 28/10/09 11:26 AM Agree with IB....the Dunlops seem good to me and really respond to some more camber on the front.
jetmani Member 28 Member For: 17y 7d Posted 29/10/09 10:29 AM Author Posted 29/10/09 10:29 AM Thanks man, I'll go check it out.Monorail, did you go and check them out?
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 01/11/09 04:25 AM Posted 01/11/09 04:25 AM I've had the stock 300s from Dunlop on both my NA XR6 and now the Turdo. I changed them on the NA to Dunlop Sport max and fond them a superbv tryed especially in the wet, but they were 17" and now on the T I have 18s.The 300s are noisey, abrupt and an absolute peice of chicke excrement. Even the dealer said they were a bad tyre.I have done some research and bang for buck, considering Wheels Tyres test 2008 when they did a test of 18" tyres on an SS Crapadore, the Falken 452 seemed to stack up opretty good for a lot less than say the Goodyear F1.ANyone have any comments as I have to get some soon. I'm starting to show belt due to lack of wheel allignment. BLA!.
Smoke them tyres Member 557 Member For: 18y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/11/09 11:46 AM Posted 02/11/09 11:46 AM (edited) I had some of those Falkens on another car of mine. They are actually Ohtsu's afaik.Can't say the grip was that fantastic and neither was the wear rate.....about 15,000k max out of them on the front....hmmmmmm. And they weren't that cheap at the time. The wear was not so bad at first, but the lower the tread blocks got, the faster the wear and the worse the "tram tracking" got. As I saw it, the sidewall had no give to road grooves from trucks etc, and the only give was in the tread blocks.......hence the increasing wear and and tram tracking with mileage.Don't mean to bag them, just my experience. Edited 02/11/09 11:49 AM by Smoke them tyres
roadster Member 97 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Werribee Posted 03/11/09 07:31 AM Posted 03/11/09 07:31 AM I got some sumitomo zr III and so far fantastic, They almost hold in first gear and no problems at all in 2nd. Got 5000k on them so far and wear is looking pretty good300RWKW and t56
jetmani Member 28 Member For: 17y 7d Posted 03/11/09 10:48 AM Author Posted 03/11/09 10:48 AM I got some sumitomo zr III and so far fantastic, They almost hold in first gear and no problems at all in 2nd. Got 5000k on them so far and wear is looking pretty good300RWKW and t56roadster where did you buy the Sumis from and were they expensive?
roadster Member 97 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Werribee Posted 03/11/09 10:22 PM Posted 03/11/09 10:22 PM Got them from the tyre factory size was 245/45/18 and $300 each at the tyre factory. Cheaper if you want 17" or even 18" in 235. 245/45/18 are an odd size and seem well overpriced.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now