Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone was planning on driving from Melbourne to Canberra in the not too distant future? I've seen some bar stools (in Melbourne) that I'd like to buy on eBay, but am having serious trouble being able to find a way to get them back to Canberra (most couriers want them fully boxed, seller unwilling to find suitable box, etc, etc). If anyone is planning on driving from Melbourne to Canberra, and has some spare space in their car, I'd be very happy to pay for your fuel if you're willing to pick up these stools and deliver them to me. Pick up in Melbourne is in South Yarra, drop off in Canberra can be anywhere (I will drive to meet you). There are four bar stools, each about 67cm tall and 35cm x 32cm wide/deep. They're made of aluminium so should be very light.

If anyone can help me out I'd be most grateful - either reply to this thread, PM me or email me direct at [email protected]

As I said, I'd be happy to cover the cost of your fuel or come to some other arrangement if you wish. Thanks guys, hope to hear from someone!

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burpengary QLD
Posted

Hey Mate,

Have you tried contacting a few furniture removals to see if they have any back loads available? They are usually pretty cheap and the guys on the truck will just wrap the stools in blankets? I'm pretty sure you should be able to find one that is running from Melbourne to Canberra.

Good Luck,

Ben

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Slip Sliding Away
Posted

Why not drive to Melbourne and come pick them up???

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Thanks for the suggestion Ben, annoyed I didn't think of that myself. Just a matter of trying to find some spare time during the day to ring a few places, but I'll get onto it when I can!

As for driving to Melbourne, not a bad idea, except work and family commitments mean my free/spare time is rare/valuable - plus the drive down the Hume to Melbourne is boring as batsh1t. :(

My offer still stands if anyone is planning a trip anyway and wants to reduce the overall cost.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

How long does it take to get to Canberra from Melbourne?

Not 100% sure, but I reckon 7 to 8 hours?

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Closer to 9 hours...

If your not in a hurry for them Buggy I could pick them up now and deliver over the Christmas period sometime... :bliss:

Dags Delivery Services.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Wow, 9 hours, there you go - I certainly couldn't justify that to the wife (and kids!) for 4 bar stools. :fool:

Dags, is that an offer mate? I'm in no particular rush (the wife may have different ideas) and if you're serious about that, I'll talk to my better half tonight and get back to you (the auction ends tomorrow, so I need to move reasonably quickly for stage one). Dunno where you are, but the stools are in South Yarra - is that too far from you?

Haven't been on the forums regularly recently, but you've just reminded me why I love it so much/keep coming back! :biggrin:

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Yup no problemo mate.

Let me know where to pick em up from, get the sellers contact details so I can arrange a time to pick em up.

We'll discuss the 5 bucks a day storage fee at a later date... :biggrin:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Thanks heaps Dags, very much appreciated mate. I'll see how the auction goes and will be in touch via PM. :nyyaah:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...