ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 7m 29d Posted 11/10/09 12:03 AM Posted 11/10/09 12:03 AM Awesome looking setup Danny.. Are we still talking standard BA little rod engine? If so that's even better as you have had it with alot of power for some time now. Have you leak tested your engine to see how its coping with all the punishment? Good work mate,should be an animal with a strong motor.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 11/10/09 12:20 AM Author Posted 11/10/09 12:20 AM Yep. Its still the same engine as per that came with the car. I haven't done a comp test, but she still purrs at idle, and runs without a beat, without producing much blowby/oiling the inlet via the PCV setup. Keep in mind, my cars only done 68,000k's.. So its not exactly a High K BA.The reason why I ain't pushing this motor no more is because I'm near completion of rebuilding a engine that let go. And the cost of replacing the broken parts I feel is prob something I should avoid :DBut in saying that, the bigger turbo does produce less torque lower in the rev range, so its actually a bit of relief for the engine now.In the next couple of weeks, I'll be uploading pictures of my engine rebuild, and engine install.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 11/10/09 01:07 AM Posted 11/10/09 01:07 AM Looking serious mate, glad to see you got the wastegate altered, wicked manifold but that angle was too much.Manifold & wastegate play a huge role in the end result, in regards to drive-ability with the bigger turbos, and the suprising thing is that with some trial and error in set-up, and some very switched on tuning, the big turbos can perform down low.Be great to see how it reacts on the street with tuning.
TAXJOB Legacy Donating Member 98 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/09 02:20 AM Posted 11/10/09 02:20 AM (edited) Top work Headsex but the pictures dont do it justice, Guys when Danny opens the bonnet u just get smacked in the face by the glare off that massive Triple whopper with all the add ons turbo its ridculous. Will be a good thread to watch so I know what not to do and wat to do with my car Justin 10.89 - STD engine STD turbo STREET driven just remember that Danny hahahahahahaha Edited 11/10/09 02:21 AM by TAXJOB
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 11/10/09 02:28 AM Author Posted 11/10/09 02:28 AM Careful justin, I might just smack ya in the faceBut yeah.. Feel free to copy what I did, and then get Jim to drive to go faster. Don't worry, I'll do my best, then make Jim drive my car as well!!
TAXJOB Legacy Donating Member 98 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/09 02:39 AM Posted 11/10/09 02:39 AM Like ive said prevously Headjob I weigh 30 kgs more than Jim so im pretty wraped that I went .03 slower then Jim, at least I can gwt my sh*tty sd turbo in the 10.8 bracket unlike u who has to bolt on a 1000rolla to run in that bracket n hopefully quicker for your sak anyway. dw anytime u like give me a call n ill teach u how to drive properly ey........ no more posts for me going back to bed see ya at the traffic lights headsex n u better beaat me with that whopper turbo
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 11/10/09 02:41 AM Author Posted 11/10/09 02:41 AM Haha.. God, you always make me laugh I see your still hung over from last weekend!
TAXJOB Legacy Donating Member 98 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/09 02:46 AM Posted 11/10/09 02:46 AM na last weekend was nothin last night I was twice as bad as theo was last weekend I knew I was way past smashed when big theo was telling me to shut up usually its me telling him ahhh how good it is to feel times are changing for the better LOL
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 11/10/09 02:47 AM Posted 11/10/09 02:47 AM nice comeback hehehetuff setup danny boy cant wait to see what she runs! maybe a 10.80 is on the cards?
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 11/10/09 02:49 AM Author Posted 11/10/09 02:49 AM haha I'll burn it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now