Shaker on a BA XR8!

Falchoon

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 20d

Cro, yep, that's them.....mmm B)

Falchoon...Are you serious? :beerchug: Is it too much "RICE" or something?

I know, each to their own but I cannot see how anyone could not possibly like that shaker bonnet. If I had the cash, There would be a "Phantom" one sitting on our XR right now.

Seeing it in the flesh may be a different story dude. It's the most awesome "T" I've had the pleasure of look at, both inside and outside.

The shaker, rims, exhaust, mods, even down to the detail of the silver trims along the front & rear bumpers to perfectly fit in the groove. This HgAg beast suffers from such an attention to detail it's scary. If I win the $18,000,000 on Saturday (or part there of), I'll make Steve an offer for it.

:thumbsup:

• Member For: 20y 9m 16d

If it is illegal to have a shaker mounted directly to the motor, does that now mean XY GT's are now illegal or built illegally at the time?

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 21y 15d

Bloan it is not illegal (a sick bird...get it? ILL EAGLE)

The Shaker (Ram Air, Air Grabber etc) is perfectly OK if it complies with the relevant ADR.

The air induction fitted to the XYGT was part of the air cleaner bolted onto the carburettor. Thus incoming air is going straight through the air inlet into the carb.

Just having a bonnet scoop attached to the bonnet does not make it a Shaker (bo I know you already knew that)

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 21y 15d

I agree. I finally saw those photos and as much as I can see the justification behind them, the only other thing I saw was a big bowl of rice!!!

If the car needs fresh air or heat extraction, please put something a bit more manly on the bonnet. Not something a Geisha girl would leave on her Honda Jazz!

Hey plonk,the turbo dont shake like my XY (351 clevo with a lpg gas cam) and to fit it on the motor would be a pain,so just the black scoop fixed in to the bonnet is what Im thinking.Are the heights etc with the XY type of scoop ok with ADR etc ?I reckon a scoop like that would bloody halve under bonnet temp easy when parked. The only thing that is a worry is air flow when moving, would the ramm flow into the scoop mess with air entering intercooler etc if you know what I mean. Cool air would be most wanted through the front of the cars heat exchangers

, not just blowing on top of the donk. What do you think. vik

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 7d

Yes I like, but would hate to think that it's just for show & doesn't really provide the air intake. Just like some Expensive Daewoo spastics used to do on HQ's & the like. It's real nice to sit there & watch them "shake" while at the lights & to watch them move when you lean on the loud pedal.

Scotty