• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• THE Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 24d

Ok.... think I am even more confused now!! lol

Tong Long Kung Fu is the same style as the same style as the link Buff put up?

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 10d

there are 2 styles, northern and southern, both based on the praying mantis. Not to be mistaken for Wing Chung ( base for Bruce Lees form)

• THE Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 24d

there are 2 styles, northern and southern, both based on the praying mantis. Not to be mistaken for Wing Chung ( base for Bruce Lees form)

Ok.... When I was looking 6-12 months ago I sort of wrote off the Kung fu styles as I thought they were mainly holds and throws etc and not "Aggressive" moves???

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 10d

quite the reverse. It is a very attacking style and is particularly effective up close and inside.There is an element , like some other forms where your opponents momentum is used against them. So called "blocks" are in fact attacking manouvres.

Like I stated , all the arts are just that, arts, I studied primarily in the eighties and nineties. There were big issues with indemnities.

Particularly with the likes of Bob Jones Karate sending their instructors in to sign up as newbies and try and beat the sh*t out of existing members.

They were the only club with which I ever had an issue. Meat Heads. This is a chip at their lack of ethics rather than Karate per se.

That said Ali ( boxer ) V the Japanes ( Karate) chap way back when was billed as fight of the century, yet the rules did not allow for

any action of note. Worst injury was Ali's brusied calf. Didn't make for a spectacle that's for sure