JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/10/09 07:58 AM Posted 02/10/09 07:58 AM so as most know we finally made the trip over to heathcote for the street fords drag session. its been a long time comming for me but have done it now and iam hooked big time to say the least,will be heading back at the next chance I reckn or at least when a few of us are ready.now the day started off with me doing 12.7,s and as my confidance built up and the skill level gained I started to shave off bits and pieces till my final run of the day when I got a 11.86 @118mph that was my best time of the day and my best mph was a 119.5.its not as easy as it seams but after taking advice from a few veterans(old man bloostie) I got better and better but it did come down to how hard I wanted to push the car and how hard I hammered it in the water box.now I had all mods in my sig plus a set of 275 m/t;s street et and a e85/98 octaine tune done by bruce heinrich in s.a. car ran up 327rwkw but it couldnt be done ion shootout mode because the dyno thingo was broken so it should of been about 7-10 rwkw greater on a print out. but I got a sh*t load more of mid range vs my street tune in comes in heaps harder and pulls like a frickn train very happy.now my 60ft times were low 2;s but I managed a best of 1.74 on my last run aswell my stall was going up to 3100r.p.m and was still feeling like it would go a little more after the tyres were hot but I wasnt to sure to push it that hard because I drove the 800kms from adelaide-the strip dragged and drove home (also did a burn through melb city friday nite just for sh*ts and gigles) so I didnt really want to brake anything if I could help it .would like to thank my fellow man campers for there help and laughs (bloostie,angry trev,tedracing) and bruce for the late thursday nite b4 friday take offill post up my slips when I find my scanner cable or camera (moving house sux) ive managed to get a few photos of my time at heathcote so I thought id share em.
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/10/09 08:23 AM Posted 02/10/09 08:23 AM Awesome time well done, and love the pics
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 02/10/09 08:25 AM Posted 02/10/09 08:25 AM nice one Jetworthy of a weeeeeeeeeee
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/10/09 09:39 AM Author Posted 02/10/09 09:39 AM yeh man sure is I got a offer to go in the street fords mag aswell so iam cleaning the sh*t heap up to have it in a few months from nowbest part is this total package of go fast bits only cost 8k even including tunes and built trans
NFORCD Force Fed Fords Member 209 Member For: 17y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/10/09 09:54 AM Posted 02/10/09 09:54 AM Hey mate, it was nice meeting you also, although the weather was bit crappy at first but eventually the rain did hold off after midday till finish... Great time, hope to see you next time
NFORCD Force Fed Fords Member 209 Member For: 17y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/10/09 10:35 AM Posted 02/10/09 10:35 AM By the way if you dont mind me asking you, how did you get offered into the street ford magz?? Did they approah you or what???
bluprinturbo Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 02/10/09 11:12 AM Posted 02/10/09 11:12 AM just goes to show how skill comes into it.starting the day with high 12's and ending the day with high 11's.well done jet.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/10/09 12:48 PM Author Posted 02/10/09 12:48 PM By the way if you dont mind me asking you, how did you get offered into the street ford magz?? Did they approah you or what???he asked me to call him via the street fords forum I also ran against him in the turbo terri and whooped him hahah so he prolly went I need to see that jet car again hey u got your manual take off nailed I was watching you towards the end and your getting off the line bloody good for manual
NFORCD Force Fed Fords Member 209 Member For: 17y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/10/09 10:13 AM Posted 05/10/09 10:13 AM Oh k cool, that's good to hear mate... I believe me and my mates car will also be in the street ford magazine as I spoke to him. I was happy when he told me that my car was also going in it when I didnt know but thought do they need permission for this or not??? But anyways, we were struggling on the takes off as I need to bring that 60ft down to 2.0 at least or 1.9 and should end up with the low 12's. Im quite happy for the amount of mods I have done with little $$$ spent (comparing to other people) to achieve this. Thanks for your comments also mate Oz,
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/10/09 10:39 AM Author Posted 05/10/09 10:39 AM yeh dude itl be in the mag in the drag section they have a couple of pages of shots from drags around the country in every months issue they usually just chuck em up most blokes dont mind yeh it good times for coin spent, me ive only unloaded 8k in the parts that made me go how bout u?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now