lucifers xr6t Legacy Donating Member 57 Member For: 21y 11m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 05/08/06 12:05 AM Posted 05/08/06 12:05 AM The car is an auto , no EDIT still running the unichip from APS. I would have thought 272rwkw should be enough to get me in the 12s. I contacted HPF last week regarding changing the unihip for an edit , this will be my next move. So hopefully with a bit more grunt and me learning how to launch the bloody thing my times will improve.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/08/06 12:54 AM Posted 05/08/06 12:54 AM I ran a 12.89 @ 110 MPH with 260rwkw's in my ute with a 2.19 60ft on the stock dunlops.In a sedan you should be able to get into the 12's easy IMO.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 05/08/06 12:58 AM Posted 05/08/06 12:58 AM The car is an auto , no EDIT still running the unichip from APS. I would have thought 272rwkw should be enough to get me in the 12s. I contacted HPF last week regarding changing the unihip for an edit , this will be my next move. So hopefully with a bit more grunt and me learning how to launch the bloody thing my times will improve.←Mate best thing you could do will be changing from uni-jip to Edit but if you can stall it up a little longer and launch on atleast 3 psi your 60ft will drop and a high 12 is there, in saying that it was'nt long ago alot of Aps boys had more power than yourself and still not cracking a 12 sec pass Good luckCYA JEFF
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Posted 05/08/06 01:17 AM Posted 05/08/06 01:17 AM I ran a 12.89 @ 110 MPH with 260rwkw's in my ute with a 2.19 60ft on the stock dunlops.In a sedan you should be able to get into the 12's easy IMO.←adam I do think that the edit you run on your car will allow for a heap more power to be had down low and a whole heap of other options to be adjusted, like auto tranny shifts ect which is a clear advantage over teh unichip netting you into the 12
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/08/06 01:39 AM Posted 05/08/06 01:39 AM Mate you obviousely have a nice car making plenty of power, and I am sure you had fun. Add to that, you can only get better. All good, wouldnt be fun if it was easy.Scotty
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/08/06 02:11 AM Posted 05/08/06 02:11 AM I ran a 12.89 @ 110 MPH with 260rwkw's in my ute with a 2.19 60ft on the stock dunlops.In a sedan you should be able to get into the 12's easy IMO.←adam I do think that the edit you run on your car will allow for a heap more power to be had down low and a whole heap of other options to be adjusted, like auto tranny shifts ect which is a clear advantage over teh unichip netting you into the 12←I'd like to see a dyno graph from this car.For comparisons sake here is my 260rwkw graph...
NeedmorePower Member 192 Member For: 20y 10m 6d Posted 05/08/06 04:00 AM Posted 05/08/06 04:00 AM my dyno graph??
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/08/06 04:08 AM Posted 05/08/06 04:08 AM Sorry to go a little bit off topic and hijack this thread but I didn't think it was worth starting a whole new topic over. Just wondering what a good 1/4 mile time is for a standard XR6. I have managed to do a 15.5 but I am sure I can better that time because there was a fair bit of wheel spin on the launch.
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 05/08/06 04:18 AM Posted 05/08/06 04:18 AM Hi AllJust got back from calder tonight , my first time on a drag strip. A little dissapointed to be honest. Considering I'm running an APS Phase 11 system the quickest time I could achive was a 13.262 at 110.64 MPH. Had about 9 runs all with a similar time , I stuffed a couple up but when the car was launched okay and there was no wheel spin I still could'nt crack into the 12s. Would that be more me being a novice or the car?CheersLucifer←I had an unichip previously and you should be able to get better than a 2.2 60 ft, for every 10th of a second you can knock off your 60ft you will make at least 2 tenth over the whole track . You will get a high 12 with the right launch and radial slicks
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 05/08/06 06:18 AM Posted 05/08/06 06:18 AM yeh just stall him a bit longer, and she will run a 12, you just have to find the point where you leave the line without spinning, but as close to it as possible. David
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now