Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA
Posted

Hey all just thought I would write up what happened to me.

Driving home from work decided to take the coast road and avoid traffic, whilst checking out the usual chicks. pulled out of the roundabout in second and gave it a little, as I backed off I could hear my car pulling air back in, so I took off again only to find that I can hear air leaking from the turbo area. sortof sounded like a tractor tut tut tut tut tut tut. so I pulled over and got my mate to come down so he could push the throttle while I listened to see where it was coming from. I sorta had an idea that some bolts would be loose around the manifold or maybe a gasket was gone but I just wanted to be 100% before I continued to drive it . so figured out that it was that but had no tools on me so couldnt pinpoint a location due to that sh*tty heat cover.. So this morning I stripped it all down .. found a few things. firstly the intake pipe onto the turbo was loose as, came off when I took the top off. secondly 3 of the bolts holding the manifold to the block were loose, one of the bolts holding the turbo to the manifold were loose and two of the bolts which hold that split gasket on the hot side of the turbo were missing.. so air from the turbo was just coming through there.. I found that none of these bolts had any sort of sealant or locktite on them so no wonder they came out . so I greased them and torqued em all back up so hopefully this wont happen again ..

  • Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Atherton, FNQ
Posted

best keep an eye on these bolts, they keep coming loose all the time, a few guy's here have tried different way's of locking them down. do a search and you will find some of them. mine was just about to loose 3 bolts in different parts when I checked it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 3d
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

abit of loctite will work.... but u have to get the right one. when I do mine I will get the right one and let u guys know if needed.

  • 1 month later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sunny Coast
Posted

this is the second time in about 2 months I have lost the ones out of the front of the turbo first time shop fixed. do we know what size they are they look like M8 or 10 but not sure how long.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA
Posted

what would be the best solution to keep these bolts in because the ones on the front have come loose again and I dont really want to keep having to do this every few months .. so many designflaws with these ...... Diffs,clutches,bolts randomly coming loose,its almost asif they realised the car had faults but they didnt want to fix any of em because they make too much money off the repairs that people need

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

if you are referring to the bolts in the turbo exhaust cover, they have a habit of cracking the cover where the bolt holes are drilled, if cracked there is not enough tension to keep the bolts tight for any length of time and they will come out

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...